Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie with some queries
harry2012

Newbie with some queries

Hi, newbie here.

This week sometime I should collect my 2014 5 dr Evoque Pure SD4 manual with 14k miles on. The ad say Corris grey but I thought that was a 2015 colour?

I've wanted an Evoque since they were launched and this was such a good deal I couldn't say no.

Anyhow. We've also recently bought a brand new Audi Q3 SLine Plus, and speaking on the Q3 forums an awful lot of them have ditched their Evoques for a Q3 due to reliability problems with the Evoque.

I have to say its putting me off the Evoque a bit, how bad are they really? What do I need to check on it, I know about boot alignment issues, anything else?

Also being the Pure how bad are the headlights really, the Q3 has the top of the range LED headlights which are awesome, am I going to be disappointed with the Evoque? What other things does the Pure have/not have?

Genuine advice very much appreciated before I fully commit!
09-10-2016 08:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Newbie with some queries

Corris grey was available for 2015MY which started in September 2014 IIRC, so could be a 2014 car with 2015 spec. Evoque is no more/ less reliable than any other car, there are more of them around than Q3 and they are in demand so prices are high for low spec cars. LR don't have to load them up with toys like LED Headlights to sell them like Audi does, they can sell every car that rolls down the production line and have people queuing to get one................ Headlights - both my Evoques had the adaptive BiXenons which were excellent. The Halogens are only considered weak because there are so many cars with way brighter types of lamp these days. My Defender had factory issue halogens that I replaced with LED headlights last year......... They are incredibly bright compared to the old halogens. There have been one or two complaints about weak halogens but not many. You can always change the lamps to something more powerful.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
09-10-2016 10:07am
harry2012

Thanks. Its nice to have a view from both sides. I was thinking of fitting a HID kit to it, improve the lights and the look.
09-10-2016 10:56am
fodo8

Enjoy the evoque...deal with the issues when you get them, not worrie about problems you might not get......enjoy
09-10-2016 11:17am
harry2012

Well collection day is Friday Very Happy
11-10-2016 10:54pm
Barneyridge

Newbie with some queries

I have a Pure with the halogen headlights. I changed the bulbs to make a whiter light. I have not had a problem with them, but most of my driving is in the city with good Street lighting. I just did not like the yellow look against the DRL. I have had mine since new in Jan 2012 and only had two problems, which have been recent. First was steering Lock problem which would not let the car start and second had been the drivers door lock actuator needs to be replaced (happening next week). It had been a great car. Enjoy yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
12-10-2016 02:36am
harry2012

Well slight change, lol. The first evoque was from a well known car supermarket. After waiting 2 weeks for it to arrive from their 'supplier' and still no sign of it I got fed up.

So looking around I found a newer car Landrover approved (so 2 year warranty, offroading half day, etc) for the same price.

So other deal cancelled and I collect this one Sunday Very Happy
Much happier its newer and the warranty is piece of mind.

[Image: Screenshot_20161014-145855.png]

[Image: Screenshot_20161014-145903.png]
14-10-2016 07:34pm
redrovor

Nice that is a nice color combo!!
16-10-2016 03:08am
harry2012

Picked it up today.

Im in love! Great car, great to drive, no rattles or anything so far as I can tell. Car is immaculate. Just waiting for the logbook so I can put my private plate on it.

Some pics

[Image: 20161016_145829.jpg]

[Image: 20161016_145841.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 17-10-2016 07:07am by harry2012.)
16-10-2016 07:08pm
Barneyridge

Newbie with some queries

Congrats looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
17-10-2016 02:30am