Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Newbie on forum - Dog Cage
jcarrot

RE: Newbie on forum - Dog Cage

(18-01-2015 04:50pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  Just wondering if any dog owners have tried one of these dog cages in there Evoque and what the fit was like.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321415808773?_...EBIDX%3AIT

Haven't tried that but Doggie Solutions do a 3 Door Dog Crate which is a snug fit with the small size in a 5dr and holds two medium dogs comfortably, Sale on at the moment so you can buy one for £69.19.
Fits really well so there is no sliding across the boot floor when cornering energetically.
18-01-2015 05:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
hussar10a

I have a 5 door dynamic, a working Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer and a Korthals Griffon (both about the size of a slender labrador). They do both fit in - just ! I discounted the Lintran type of crate as they actually end up with even less space and it's a pain to remove and store when I need the boot. My solution was an OEM boot liner, neither breed sheds hair but both are always covered in mud and/or water (the liner is very good quality and well worth it) and a tailgate guard from http://www.dogcages.uk.com which is custom made to fit, takes 5 minutes,doesn't rattle at all, stops the dogs leaping out as the powered tailgate opens and importantly can be left in situ so you still have access to the full boot area when you need it. I modded the back seat guard (halfords I think) that used to clamp to the rear headrest posts in my Discovery to fit the Evoque instead, and bob's your uncle ! I really highly recommend the Guardsman tailgate guards, they are robust, very well made and designed to take up as little of the boot space as possible. Make sure you get the bigger mesh (2" I think) and you can still see out of the back window ! As an aside Guardsman actually make the OEM Evoque rear seat dog guard under licence for JLR and as such unfortunately aren't allowed to sell you one direct (and cheaper obviously) - hence the cut down Halfords one !
(This post was last modified: 19-01-2015 01:09pm by hussar10a.)
19-01-2015 12:42pm
IvorRedOne

I'd rather carry my dog than put him in my Evoque. 60Kg Huskamute with hair that gets everywhere.

[img][Image: PA1520821600x12001600x1200_zpsdcab76ff.jpg][/img]
31-01-2015 07:51pm
Hobbs

Hi
I've just put a deposit on the Evoque SD4 Pure 5dr Auto, lovely car, but i'm having a wobble that the boot isn't going to be big enough for our Golden Retriever, she's more slight than other Goldie's. She came with us on the test drive, and seemed to settle in the boot ok. but I want to have a crate going forward. Does anyone use the TransK9 - model K9/B25 in their Evouqe with a larger dog??

Any advise would be appreciated.
thanks

(04-12-2012 01:03pm)Discopants Wrote:  Hi, if I'm posting in the wrong sub section of this rather good and informative forum, forgive me mods and please feel free to move.

As with my winter tyres thread, Mrs Disco is the lucky owner of a 5 dr Dynamic SD4, Fuji white, pan roof, 20" tyres, auto. Truly stunning piece of kit.

We are also picking up our first ever pup in the New Year, a beautiful golden retriever bitch. Can anyone recommend a cage or similar for a 5dr boot for this size of dog? Any experiences or tips of being a dog owner with an Evoque.

I would hate to have to upgrade to a larger RR, as the evoque has something special about it the other's don't.

Hi can I ask how you got on with the Evoque and your new puppy, I've just put a depost on the Evoque and we have a golden retriever about the size of a tall lab. (she's small for a Goldie)
(This post was last modified: 18-08-2018 03:58pm by Hobbs.)
18-08-2018 03:46pm
Pete

We have a labrador (and he's a large one) and he had no problem at all sitting in the boot of the Evoque. He's also very happy in the boot of my partner's Fiesta.

We don't use cages, we just use Travall separators that go on top of the rear seats.

Porsche Macan
22-08-2018 08:36am