Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
MrBeem

Hi there,
Mr Evo is coming soon, so just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the forum. I have MY16 Si4 Fuji White SE Tech on order.

Looking forward to seeing it when it arrives, as only had a chance to test drive the MY15 - same engine and autobox, so hope its not a big gamble, rather expect the upgrades to sweeten the deal.

Anything I should be prepared for before I pick it up? Happy to hear any voice of wisdom from more experienced Evo owners.

Cheers
MB
25-01-2016 12:32pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Newbie

Hi and Welcome

The Evoque is sure to make you beem!

Just take the time to check it over for bodywork, check the tailgate aligns and the catch closes as this seems to still be a weakness, check the reversing camera is clear too!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
25-01-2016 09:08pm
MrBeem

Thanks Phil - it surely will Smile

Will take a closer look at these. I've read on the forums that the rear camera gets fogged from the inside, not sure if LR have dealt with it by now. Mine is due end of Feb so hopefully they sort it before it drives out of the factory.
26-01-2016 09:26am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I'm not sure if 2016MY has the redesigned rear camera that RRSport got this year, it is higher definition and has a built in washer jet also the screen software is different and you can have a bird's eye view as you reverse your RRS into a post............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-01-2016 10:43pm
MrBeem

I don't think so but happy to be proven wrong - I'd love a washer jet for the camera, could live without the birds eye view gimmick - but a foggy camera will most likely make me reversing into something sooner or later. As its due in Feb, I will most likely find out soon as the weather is either cold or damp here.
27-01-2016 12:02pm
PhilSkill

My Merc has a lovely hatch that opens to flip the camera out, so it's always crystal clear, never dirty!

But then you don't use it while going along like the RR requires for off-roading use.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-01-2016 06:39pm
MrBeem

Thats also a solution - as RRE is predestined mainly for on road use, it would be fine if it had the camera flipping out with a push of a button and for reversing - now with the camera out all the time it won't do much good for off road use if you can't see a thing when it's dirty or fogged.

But that's a small thing compared to what this car is overall I think. I don't have a camera in my BMW now and I'm doing fine with the sensors only.
27-01-2016 11:16pm
Pete

I have an older model Evoque and never found that the reversing camera got fogged up. Just out of habit, I wipe it with a licked finger every so often to keep it clean.

Porsche Macan
29-01-2016 12:18pm
MrBeem

I've read they tend to fog up in MY2016 in certain damp/cold conditions, but if mine does not I won't cry.

Should get to know my build date any day now so anticipation is growing - looking through the forum in the mean time, I found lots of useful info. Looks like the footrest will probably be the first upgrade
29-01-2016 01:32pm
MrBeem

Taken delivery last week and all seems well - boot aligned, camera doesn't fog up (it's cold and damp here). Shifting was strange at first but that could be me needing to adjust as now it's better - only thing was left tail light didn't work after a day or so but that fixed itself. So overall can't complain - great car so far and loving the ride. It is bit more stiff than the one I test driven - will it soften over time or that's the MY16 thing?
04-03-2016 07:24am