Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New transmission at 37,900 miles
Pcgeary1973

New transmission at 37,900 miles

2013 Dynamic Limited Black Edition. Been having trouble with acceleration lag and downshift hard from 2nd into first. I have complained for years and no matter what dealership I take it to I get the same " no codes shown so we have simply reset". Warranty set to expire in November 2017 so I insisted on an escalation. I road tested with the tech after describing the latest visit didn't resolve anything as they simply said it was the AWD disengaging.

Needless to say he felt the bump coming to a stop and started an issue with JLR. Tested fluid and down 2 quarts less than 4k miles from last flush and color is burgundy not pink. JLR approved new transmission as they are suspecting clutch causing issue. Which brings me to today. I had the vehicle at the dealership for two months...yes two months for them to replace the transmission. Why you ask.....I live in Hawaii and JLR insisted on sending techs to training on the mainland. Tech goes to training and car sits. So since this has been an issue for years with no resolution until now...I spoke to a manager there on options...one being a buy back. I was able to get approval for JLR to reimburse me for two months of car payments and the dealership is going to press hard on a trade/buyback since I have been taking it in for the same issue multiple times.

The purpose of this post is to see if anyone can have some insight on what I can do to leverage and obtain a buyback since I do want another Evoque...one that I can enjoy and not be in the shop multiple times for the same issue.
10-08-2017 05:39am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply