Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New tail lights!
J. Dub

RE: New tail lights!

@CH11, question. I saw a 2016 evoque today in front of me with it's blinker on.

My goodness the blinker looked brilliant and bright.
When you swapped over to the 2016 did you replace the turnsignal bulb? Is the new tail lights turnsignal bulbs actually an LED strip? How do your turnsignals look compared to an actual 2016 evoque?

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
04-10-2016 08:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nickj

(26-09-2016 11:01pm)CH11PY_H Wrote:  Ah wow. I love them cars! Sometimes regret not buying something fun like that instead of the Evoque.
Yeah seriously considering the facelift but I really like the new DRLs so would love them to work too. So im guessing you can use the old lights with the facelift bumper?
I love the urban Evoques but there kits are so pricey. Their front end looks great though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, great cars. I'm lucky that the wife has the evoque and the a45 AMG is my weekend toy. Sure the drl conversion will be readily available soon.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2016 08:30pm by Nickj.)
04-10-2016 08:29pm
EvoqueRebl

I have my eyes on these rear lamps / tail lights. Has anyone upgraded to these yet? I know the brand is reputable at least. They have been at the SEMA show for years, but I can't decide which color sheme to go with. Not for everyone, but I like them a lot.

I called 512.234.7873 and spoke with someone at http://www.PureEvoque.com and they will consider a sale or group buy on these they said.

http://bit.ly/2dSqALJ

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-10-2016 08:32pm
CH11PY_H

(04-10-2016 08:08pm)J. Dub Wrote:  @CH11, question. I saw a 2016 evoque today in front of me with it's blinker on.

When you swapped over to the 2016 did you replace the turnsignal bulb? Is the new tail lights turnsignal bulbs actually an LED strip? How do your turnsignals look compared to an actual 2016 evoque?

Sorry for slow reply. The new indicators on my updated LED taillights are awesome. Haven't changed anything apart from the whole units themselves. Very bright and look very modern compared to the old ones!
06-11-2016 09:35pm
J. Dub

(04-10-2016 08:08pm)J. Dub Wrote:  @CH11, question. I saw a 2016 evoque today in front of me with it's blinker on.

(06-11-2016 09:35pm)CH11PY_H Wrote:  Sorry for slow reply. The new indicators on my updated LED taillights are awesome. Haven't changed anything apart from the whole units themselves. Very bright and look very modern compared to the old ones!

I see. Thank you for the reply! I want to be very clear.
The new MY16 tails when turn signal indication is active, APPEAR as if they are a full LED strip.
So, I was wondering (when you swapped old for the new) did your turnsignal bulb get placed inside the new MY16 units?
If so, this confirms that the MY16 tails are NOT LED strips for the turnsignal but rather a fancy light distribution is being used on that lamp/bulb for the turnsignals to give the illusion that it's an LED strip when in fact it's just a incadescent bulb with some fancy light distrubutor in the whole unit.

Thanks again! Either way, they look brilliant! I love your pictures.

07-11-2016 04:01pm
CH11PY_H

New tail lights!

(07-11-2016 04:01pm)J. Dub Wrote:  I see. Thank you for the reply! I want to be very clear.
The new MY16 tails when turn signal indication is active, APPEAR as if they are a full LED strip.
So, I was wondering (when you swapped old for the new) did your turnsignal bulb get placed inside the new MY16 units?
If so, this confirms that the MY16 tails are NOT LED strips for the turnsignal but rather a fancy light distribution is being used on that lamp/bulb for the turnsignals to give the illusion that it's an LED strip when in fact it's just a incadescent bulb with some fancy light distrubutor in the whole unit.

Thanks again! Either way, they look brilliant! I love your pictures.

I have no idea what it is like inside the light itself but you can see from the pictures below the projection of the light.
I literally replaced the whole tail lights one for one plugged them in and away you go.

[Image: 4aee9b7810e2147bc3925921fad5a8e9.jpg]

[Image: 9ff4fbf31b3365b6c8ea42c3762f01e8.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-11-2016 12:39am
J. Dub

Great thank you sir!

14-11-2016 06:38pm