Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New software update
mark_n

RE: New software update

I agree side steps are a liability, they reduce the ground clearance though of course for off-road use, you raise the car anyway. The deployable side steps have been modified so that you can jack the car up without removing them.

The RRS is in short supply, long lead times, so it's reasonable that the car is being sold at list. I recently paid well over list for a secondhand car (non LR), such is the acute shortage. It's all classic supply and demand. I expect you are being quoted 6 months at least, here is a car someone can have next week. I wouldn't have it in Chilli though...

The standard stereo in the HSE is not Meridian and is said to be pants. You'd certainly want the first upgrade option which is equivalent to the Evoque's upgraded system. The further upgrade in the RRS costs £4000 and I've specified it for my SVR as I expect to keep that car for years and years. We are rapidly reaching the end of the road for normally aspirated and supercharged engines and the coming turbo ubiquity is not something I welcome.

Tell me more about the headliner over the rear view mirror!

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-11-2014 05:17am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The car in the photo is Firenze Red - why avoid Chile Red, I prefer it to Firenze?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-11-2014 07:45am
mark_n

(17-11-2014 07:45am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  The car in the photo is Firenze Red - why avoid Chile Red, I prefer it to Firenze?

Oh yes, so it is. The two colours depend on how accurate your monitor is... My PC thinks it's ed, my iPad orange. Chilli is just not my preference!

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
17-11-2014 09:11am
Benziner

Any news about the update? I think my dealer done it today with my car and I will give you a reply if I tested it.
17-11-2014 05:05pm
Redrob

They must be good then, because our factory tour guide said a thousand sports were leaving there every 24 hours, he did tell me but I can't remember how many were going abroad.
Looking at the big holding areas before being loaded on the transporters, I would guess as many as 90% were either black or white, so one of the reds would be a good choice.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
17-11-2014 07:42pm
Redrob

Getting back on the Red topic, a couple of years ago Khan I think done a one off Sport in Ferrari Rosso red and it looked the dogs nads.
Tim, you may remember it from the RRS forum.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
19-11-2014 12:20am
XFullFatTim

Yes Rob, I remember that one and also the Farnell's Lambo Metallic Orange 60th Anniversary special edition.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-11-2014 10:30am
hjt113

(31-10-2014 03:52pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well I found out what the Gearbox software update does and it isn't nice. Before the update I had superbly slurred and almost imperceptable gearchanges and the car pulled away in 2nd gear.......
Now I have an awful clunky, jerky 1st to 2nd change as the car now pulls away in 1st and revs that go up to about 3500 RPM before it jolts with a thump into 2nd, after that it is silky smooth as before. It's not very impressive and I would imagine will put off a huge number of potential buyers who take a test drive. Definitely a backward step that upgrade. I wonder why LR/ ZF decided to reprogram the gearbox to pull away in 1st when it was fine doing it in 2nd? I think when I get home I will be asking my local dealer to restore the old software as I cannot live in town driving with this awful pullaway, I dread to think what damage it might be doing to the gearbox with the sudden thump into 2nd.

i have the same problem on my 2014 Evoque. When I purchased it, the tranny was smooth, and now i get a noticeable 'shake' during the first upshift, regardless how gentle i am with the throttle (even if when the upshift happens below 2000 rpms. At around 4000 rpms it is just awful). rest of the gear changes are still smooth. i brought it back to my dealer and they claim it is normal, although I just tried on a new evoque and there is a clear difference. were you able to get this fixed? i am bringing the car back in next week, and i could use any suggestion to get this fixed!
thanks,
24-11-2014 05:12am
XFullFatTim

hjt, please bear in mind that my car is a diesel not a petrol so the fix that seems to have cured the issue will not appliy to your petorl engined Evoque. The thing that has mostly cured my issues was the failure of the Diesel Particular Filter sensors - although denied by LR that there was a connection I suspect that the first gearbox software caused emissions to soar, damaging the DPF sensor - the fact that the car went into reduced power mode is a sign on a diesel car that the DPF is attempting to regenerate itself. During the ownership of two previous cars fitted with DPF's I have never noticably experienced a DPF regeneration cycle as I don't do the type of driving that forces a DPF regeneration cycle - lots of stop/start, low speed city driving - my car rarely drives in those conditions as I live out in the countryside with fast roads to the nearest town.

24-11-2014 09:51am
JavierBayArea

I got the update too and i'm pleased with it.

How can we know if it pulls away in 1st?. i don't see a way other than just guessing.
24-11-2014 07:05pm