Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New software update
PhilSkill

RE: New software update

Hi Tim, Could sound like it lost a wheel-speed sensor or something to lose offroad and start/stop, or it was a CAN bus issue with info similar on. Glad it all cleared after a stop!

When my Manual is in Top (6th) it's doing 2000rpm at 70mph, always said this is a bit high to where it need be, so think the 9 speed is definitely going to help from that point of view. And if I do sit on the Motorway at 50mph for miles I find mpg rockets into early 40's, so it could make quite a difference this better gearing for motorway trips.

38mpg for me to and from Eastnor the other day, and not a motorway in sight Smile, although the journey getting there was slow behind slow vehicles, the journey back was a full foot down flyer, including powering all the way up the classic hill climb of Fish Hill at Broadway to get passed some slow vehicles. This thing does fly when you want it to, amazing after what we'd been doing all day in it as well!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-11-2014 09:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JavierBayArea

Looks like they got rid of this 9 speed update.

Q425 - 9 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION CALIBRATION is gone from my topix.
10-11-2014 10:27pm
mark_n

Do they still have to remove the windscreen to get the headlining out?

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-11-2014 03:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Possibly Mark, I was told that it was the only way to get access to the overhead console!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-11-2014 10:18am
PhilSkill

Didn't remove my Windscreen, just dropped the Headlining to get to the wires behind it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
12-11-2014 11:14am
Vern

My 9 speed auto was booked in for the Gearbox software update tomorrow at Stratstone. Firstly they tried to do update last week but their computer failed so not done, but they did clean my car so not all bad.

Just got a call to cancel tomorrow as they have been contacted by LR who advised them that the update does not work and they need to rework it. It will be several weeks before it is available.

They did indicate the update was not safety critical last week on the first abort, but I am now suspicious of what it is for. Hope all is good as long drive in EU next week.

Tim I have had 3 cases of no drive and loads of revs a second after starting on ECO system. Trouble is it normally happens when you are already half way across a carriageway on a junction, now know exactly how long it takes to select neutral and then drive which seams to sort the issue. Maybe this is what the update is for.

2014 Dynamic 5dr SD4, 9 speed Auto, Indus Silver, Pano roof, Power Tailgate, Heated Stearing Wheel (brilliant ) Spare Wheel, Etc.
Traded in my 2012 model similar spec on great deal, It's that goodWink
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2014 08:49pm by Vern.)
13-11-2014 08:37pm
XFullFatTim

Tonight in the outside lane of the M74 I had two "Warning Reduced Power" heartstopping moments at 70mph - the M74 has no hard shoulder for much of it's length so I had to limp to a slip road and go through the full reset - there was no idication what caused the warnings but I did neartly have a Disco4 drive into the tailgate on the first occassion..................... After the warnings of no special programmes and eco stop/start not available warnings there is something seriously wrong with the now recalled gearbox update. I am very concerned that should there be nothing recorded in the fault log that I will get the "he's only a stupid customer who doesn't know what he's talking about" treatment from the technical people, that I have posted elsewhere about people using their cars if they know that the update has been carried out.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-11-2014 10:14pm
Evo-king

I also think that if this happens, shouldn't there be something in the electronic box of tricks to set of the hazard flashers.

No doubt the driver is too busy trying to get out of a troublesome situation.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-11-2014 10:35pm
XFullFatTim

Haven't we had the response "It isn't legally required so Land Rover won't consider it" for the daylight running tail-lights?

13-11-2014 10:41pm
XFullFatTim

Well diagnosis is a failed DPF sensor - only done 6000 miles nearly all fast A roads and motorways and very little city stop start. I hope this isn't the start of a string of failing electronic components..................... but I have a Plan B just in case.

14-11-2014 05:15pm