Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New software update
Kugaman1

RE: New software update

(14-11-2014 05:15pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well diagnosis is a failed DPF sensor - only done 6000 miles nearly all fast A roads and motorways and very little city stop start. I hope this isn't the start of a string of failing electronic components..................... but I have a Plan B just in case.

Hmm, I kinda wish id kept my BMW.

Everything about the Evoque seems a generation behind...

Slow 9 speed auto, slow nav, infact slow everything on the entertainment system...

BMW had an 8 speed auto. It was 10 times better than the LR unit.

The Evoques a nice looking, comfy car which hasnt yet let me down, but I do think it will be my last LR product.

Next time round Im going back to BMW or maybe Audi.
14-11-2014 07:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

I like the plan B. Very Happy

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2014 09:00pm by Evo-king.)
14-11-2014 09:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

When my 9 speed gearbox is working like it should it is a brilliant gearbox - recent auto BMW's I have been in have had awful snappy shifts (like mine had after the software upgrade!) I don't consider that a step forward, an auto change SHOULD be seamless and in my book the only way you should know it has shifted cogs is by looking at the rev counter. I would sooner have an Evoque over any BMW, apart from the i3 and i8, all the BMW's look the same, as do all Audis and Mercs now, the Evoque looks like nothing else in the Range Rover stable, especially the RRE Coupe.
This is Plan B - unfortunately it has side steeps and they would come off before I would buy it.
[Image: imagejpg1_zps312422e3.jpg]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-11-2014 10:21pm by XFullFatTim.)
14-11-2014 10:14pm
Redrob

Having had one for a long weekend, it would defo be plan B for me.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
14-11-2014 11:57pm
XFullFatTim

I asked to drive one at the Eastnor LRE day recently and having owned two previous generation RRS's (a 2.7 v6 and a 3.6 VCool the difference was like chalk and cheese it is a deeply impressive car, even if the prices are somewhat OTT.
Going down the RRS route would allow me to reduce to a single car because RRS could easily handle the offloading I do these days and as the LRE showed RRS2 and FFRR's are only humbled by a Defender when it comes to narrow gaps - everything else the RRS with the e-diff and the FFRR are phenomenally good at off-road, and so, so good on road (mind you the old Mk1 TDv8 was a pretty decent handler too and had the oomph that the old 2.7V6 simply didn't have)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 15-11-2014 12:22am by XFullFatTim.)
15-11-2014 12:18am
berlin2011

From Topix: SSM72070 - Q425 has been re-launched globally today (14th November 2014)

Looks like they have fix for you guys.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
15-11-2014 09:34am
Stadt Panzer

New software update

Was at my dealer this morning, as they fitted my winter tyres and rims, I keep them in storage there during the summer. Anyway my dealer told me that the new gearbox software upgrade was due on my car, although it wasn't showing on topix. They use a different system which shows updates quicker.

I told him not to bother and that I'll wait until it's service.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
15-11-2014 04:48pm
m_101

XFFT that is an awesome plan B, it looks lovely. I would be asking them to replace the side steps with the deployable ones however. If the Jag CX-17 is a no-go I might also be looking into getting a sport next, even though I don't do any off-roading.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
16-11-2014 11:02am
Redrob

Drove a new sport on the Solihull off road course about 3 weeks ago and it was brilliant, there was nothing it couldn't do.
When we went thru some deep water, we had the wade sensor that showed us how deep we were, but the best bit was the forward facing cameras completely underwater.
If SWMBO allowed, I would buy one in a heartbeat.
The steps are a must for me, makes it look more balanced.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2014 06:44pm by Redrob.)
16-11-2014 06:43pm
XFullFatTim

Side steps are a liability when you go off road and can be easily damaged or rip the underside of the car, deployable side steps have to be completely removed before you can put any kind of jack under the car - not so great on a dark wet night at the side of the motorway..................

I have since found that that car is a 2014MY car that the dealer is asking current list price for - it doesn't have the now standard Incontrol Secure on it. To take a 2014MY car after 2015 is on sale I would be looking for at least £10k off the price, it's old stock and I think it is wrong that LR are supplying these unwanted cars to dealers at current full whack price. If I go down the Plan B route I will go for a factory order and for the price of that particular car I would have change of about £3000 by ordering a 2015 Autobiography and I wouldn't have to take £5000 of 1700w audio system I wouldn't appreciate and for the price that car I would get a tonne more standard stuff like adaptive cruise and the transfer box (low ratios) that would be extra cost on the HSE. It is very easy to tell a 2014MY car from a 2015 inside the cabin................ just by looking at the headliner above the rear view mirror!

(This post was last modified: 16-11-2014 11:54pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-11-2014 11:52pm