Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New parcel shelf being fitted today
RRSteve

New parcel shelf being fitted today

Dealer fitting a new parcel shelf and having the inner tailgate resprayed. The parcel shelf was rubbing the inside of the tailgate when it was closing and the black paint was wearing off showing white through!

It's a known fault apparently and Land Rover have redesigned the parcel shelf and covered it in a more velour material. I think they also fit rub strips on the tailgate.

Having a software update also that's a recall for the battery drain issue.

By the way, they have lent me a Freelander 2 as a loan car!

Been driving it this morning!!

No no no no!! I cant wait to get my Evoque back!!!

I'm sure it's a great car when it full of the kids and the wife and towing a caravan!! Wink
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2013 11:31am by RRSteve.)
19-07-2013 11:23am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LaserTam

RE: New parcel shelf being fitted today

I have been keeping an eye on this issue from the thread on the the EOC forum.

I only picked mine up a few weeks ago, so not sure whether they have fitted the new parcel shelf, but I have notices two rubber stoppers that are attached to the parcel shelf on the edge closest to the tailgate. You probably don't know yet, but when you get it back, maybe you could explain the rubber strips you are reffering to, see if they are the same.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
19-07-2013 11:43am
RRSteve

Just had a call from the dealer that my car is done. He said it has a new parcel shelf with a moleskin finish material! He said he can't understand why, if this is an update, the new cars coming in for customers don't have it fitted?

Also they have updated the software for the battery issue that has been happening on some (although mines been OK) and a new software update for the screen and control system? Not sure what that is?

I'll post more later as I can't pick the car up until later this afternoon.
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2013 12:36pm by RRSteve.)
19-07-2013 12:30pm
LaserTam

Just realised that the rubber bits I mentioned are actually attached to the tailgate rather than parcel shelf, so looks like mine has the retro fit, based on your OP.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
20-07-2013 08:48am