Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
New order
QUEEVO

New order

My order just got pushed back... Sad from early July to end of July/Aug...

regards,
Queevo
----------------------------------------------------------------------
MY12 TD4 Prestige Auto, Baltic Blue / Vibe, Tech, Surround Cameras, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass
14-04-2012 11:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PigLauncher

RE: New order

(13-04-2012 10:14pm)Kentboy Wrote:  Placed our order with Guy Salmon Aylesford very early March for a SD4 Barolo Black with contrast white roof, Lux pack. Paid our deposit and given an expected delivery date of July. I have to say I am disappointed that we walked out of the showroom having ordered a £45+ car and have heard nothing since not even a written copy of the order with a formal thank you for your order. Must be great to have so many orders you don't have to try!

I took a test drive at one dealer in Newcastle then contacted (left a message) them a month later about placing my order. I heard nothing for over a week so e mailed from work. Again I got no response. I then contacted the Teesside branch of the same dealer and placed a deposit that day. They have kept me pretty much updated ever since.

The Newcastle dealer called several weeks later. I told him their service was appalling and I'd spent 44 grand elsewhere. It gave me immense satisfaction.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
14-04-2012 11:53am
Kentboy

(14-04-2012 11:53am)PigLauncher Wrote:  I took a test drive at one dealer in Newcastle then contacted (left a message) them a month later about placing my order. I heard nothing for over a week so e mailed from work. Again I got no response. I then contacted the Teesside branch of the same dealer and placed a deposit that day. They have kept me pretty much updated ever since.

The Newcastle dealer called several weeks later. I told him their service was appalling and I'd spent 44 grand elsewhere. It gave me immense satisfaction.

The last Range Rover I purchased was a Sport and I gave the dealer grief over the same issue and had a call from the dealer principal cancelling my order and sent my deposit back, that was for a £53k order so keeping quiet this time but am worried about the lead-time I have been given compared to experiences here. I have sold the Sport so am juggling one car at the moment and not sure I can wait too much longer than August.

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2012 01:01pm by Kentboy.)
14-04-2012 12:32pm
jd563

This appears to be a common problem as I placed my order in October 2011 from my local dealer got a letter a couple of weeks later saying welcome to Land Rover confirming my order then nothing, letter stated delivery expected Feb/March 2012 so decided to wait.

January 2012 still no updates and when I emailed dealer in Feb to confirm delivery of vehicle prior to going away they said not been allocated build date and will probably be Easter, then got back from holiday and when I asked for update and got no reply. My wife and myself headed to the dealer and challenged them over the complete lack of information, within seconds of being in the dealership our sales person rushed us into the back of the showroom away from customers and to the sales manager who got his computer and finally admitted that our vehicle was not being delivered until May 2012 this being two months later than they had originally stated.

We expressed our disgust in the complete lack of information when we knew that a friend had ordered the same week as other with the same specification expect colour and were now driving around in there's, again no explanation given they just blamed LR.

You would expect better customer care from a brand that is selling vehicles in excess of £40k but obviously I was wrong.

Hopefully aftersales will not be as poor....

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5 Door, Fuji White, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Vortex Ebony Interior, Ebony Morzine headlining. Ordered October 2011, Delivered April 2012 Very Happy
14-04-2012 12:38pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

It isn't Land Rover that is at fault, it is the dealership - they have the means to find out when you car will be built and what the lead in time is and if their allocation of built slots is adequate. LR only builds the cars to order from the dealership. I have never had any problems from either the local dealership or LPR in Park Royal regarding keeping me up to date with delivery dates when I have been waiting for cars on factory order. To me it appears that there is one huge chain of dealers that is giving the brand an extremely bad name (and it is unfortunately making all the good dealers appear bad too) It is long overdue that that chain in general lost their franchise to sell land Rover products - I know that they do have some - 2 or 3 outlets (out of 15 or so) that have an excellent name, but their business is shifting huge volumes of cars not caring for customers and it is about time they learned that looking after customers often means getting more of them through word of mouth of happy clients!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2012 02:28pm by XFullFatTim.)
14-04-2012 02:26pm
Fish

Uff, Just signed the contract today - SD4, ipanema sand, tech pack, xenon, glas roof, Black rails, ....
Really wondering about the lead time now. My dealers perspective: 3-4 months.
What do think?
14-04-2012 04:11pm
item

Hi,
I am in the same state jd563 !
Order october 2011
Estimate april but on contract 5/2012
Monday, i have à call from cc for delivery mid 7/2012
Today i speak with him....and he is not clean in mind
I think, aftersale Will be too poor and i have read another guy who have same result with my cc !
I am on the point for cancel my order

TD4 Auto Dynamics Fuji White. (May 2012) -> 07/2012
14-04-2012 11:19pm
Cedric

(14-04-2012 11:19pm)item Wrote:  Hi,
I am in the same state jd563 !
Order october 2011
Estimate april but on contract 5/2012
Monday, i have à call from cc for delivery mid 7/2012
Today i speak with him....and he is not clean in mind
I think, aftersale Will be too poor and i have read another guy who have same result with my cc !
I am on the point for cancel my order

Where did you order item? It's strange that yours got pushed back. I ordered 30/12/2011 and I'm expecting delivery around 18/05, one week early. I also have a TD4 on order, but I did receive a build date after 2 months or so.
15-04-2012 09:34am
item

Hi Cédric,
This cc is a war place with a lion Wink
He say, no compensation, no fuel full at delivery, nothing.. and he say too :
It's better late because LR can resolve bug in the car for new delivery date
It's not his fault, it's LR UK or importateur and his give nothing compensation
When he talk with me, he loose a sale because a client just open door of cc
He say : i am on the top 3 in 12 client with big retard
When i order, i have specialy say "06/2012" i must go in holliday with the car, it's why april or mei it's good for me.

It's too strange because new delivery date is just under for 25% of maximum for cancel the order (i have a big deposit)

I have too say That on forum, many people have ordered after and receive early.... Heuu it's LR UK and importateur problem..or because i have change my order (it s not just, i have just change because xénon for pure are not possible and then order i dynamic on november)
I have never see a salesman like this !!

TD4 Auto Dynamics Fuji White. (May 2012) -> 07/2012
(This post was last modified: 15-04-2012 11:59am by item.)
15-04-2012 11:52am
Cedric

(15-04-2012 11:52am)item Wrote:  This cc is a war place with a lion Wink

I guess he has had a lot of orders then, because I don't see a reason why yours should be running later than mine. I ordered mine from Leuven, not Waterloo.

Recently I have spotted a few Evoques, they are becoming more common.
15-04-2012 12:52pm