Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New infotainmant system -InControl Touch
iwf

New infotainmant system -InControl Touch

Looks like we'll see a new interface to the infotainment system in the not too distant future.

JLR have issued press releases about something they call InControl Touch. Pete says its coming to the new Jags first and in truth it doesn't appear to do much more that what we currently have available, but the interface is a huge improvement.

There's a demo app available for ipads. Just search for Land Rover InControl Touch in the app store.

No doubt it'll be available for the rumoured mid life upgrade and i'll put money on it not being backwards compatible, even though it ought to be.
04-12-2014 01:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
albean

RE: New infotainmant system -InControl Touch

(04-12-2014 01:14pm)iwf Wrote:  Looks like we'll see a new interface to the infotainment system in the not too distant future.

JLR have issued press releases about something they call InControl Touch. Pete says its coming to the new Jags first and in truth it doesn't appear to do much more that what we currently have available, but the interface is a huge improvement.

There's a demo app available for ipads. Just search for Land Rover InControl Touch in the app store.

No doubt it'll be available for the rumoured mid life upgrade and i'll put money on it not being backwards compatible, even though it ought to be.

Did you manage to find anything else out about this? Just looked at it and it looks pretty good! My Evoque is on order (delivery 1st March), would be gutted if they didn't allow software upgrade when this is released.

Also the Incontrol Remote Premium is interesting, Engine start and climate control warming triggered remotely - nice on those winter mornings!
24-01-2015 05:16pm
m_101

Agreed iwf - there's almost no way they will make this backward compatible, even though they should.
If I can still run the most recent apple iOS on a 3 year old iphone 4s, no reason why LR couldn't try this other than trying to promote others to upgrade their cars!

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2015 12:44pm by m_101.)
25-01-2015 12:43pm
iwf

I think we'll need to see the Incontrol Touch when it comes out.

I think it'll appear in the new Sport, because it was promised, but we'll need to wait until the Evoque refresh, which I've seen talk of, before we'll see it. That said the early versions of the Sport clearly have the same infotainment system in that we, so I suspect they have the same touch screen we have. The real question is whether LR can be bothered to allow us to upgrade the software. I suspect not, because it'll add value to the Evoque refresh.

As for the InControl Premium, I guess it depends on whether you specify all the toys that allow for cold starts. I thought they were extras.

Having used my new Evogue for a few weeks now, I find myself not bothering with much of the car management when driving. I can't for the life of me understand why you'd want to see a graphical representation of which way the front wheels are pointing, unless it for off road.

However what is coming for sure is an upgrade to InControl Apps. LR announced a partnership with a company having a product called JustDrive. I posted a link to it elswhere. This will allow far greater integration with iphone apps. To me this is the only reason for even specifying InControl Apps in the first place. the rest of the apps are useless, and i'm not paying £59 for yet another Nav tool (sygic)

Lastly I did find that Siri works through the car. It's now possible to launch Siri just with a voice command as long its powered externally. I'm not sure whether its just when connected to the InControl Apps USB connection, but I fired it up to send a txt message and suddenly Siri's voice came out of the Car's speakers and it responded to me voice commands.

Meanwhile i've still to get the car to recognise a usb stick. I've tried about 6 so far, but am getting nowhere. Sadly the car's currently in Geneva for the ski season, so i only get to play at weekend Smile
25-01-2015 01:19pm
Daveparky

(25-01-2015 01:19pm)iwf Wrote:  I think we'll need to see the Incontrol Touch when it comes out.

I think it'll appear in the new Sport, because it was promised, but we'll need to wait until the Evoque refresh, which I've seen talk of, before we'll see it. That said the early versions of the Sport clearly have the same infotainment system in that we, so I suspect they have the same touch screen we have. The real question is whether LR can be bothered to allow us to upgrade the software. I suspect not, because it'll add value to the Evoque refresh.

As for the InControl Premium, I guess it depends on whether you specify all the toys that allow for cold starts. I thought they were extras.

Having used my new Evogue for a few weeks now, I find myself not bothering with much of the car management when driving. I can't for the life of me understand why you'd want to see a graphical representation of which way the front wheels are pointing, unless it for off road.

However what is coming for sure is an upgrade to InControl Apps. LR announced a partnership with a company having a product called JustDrive. I posted a link to it elswhere. This will allow far greater integration with iphone apps. To me this is the only reason for even specifying InControl Apps in the first place. the rest of the apps are useless, and i'm not paying £59 for yet another Nav tool (sygic)

Lastly I did find that Siri works through the car. It's now possible to launch Siri just with a voice command as long its powered externally. I'm not sure whether its just when connected to the InControl Apps USB connection, but I fired it up to send a txt message and suddenly Siri's voice came out of the Car's speakers and it responded to me voice commands.

Meanwhile i've still to get the car to recognise a usb stick. I've tried about 6 so far, but am getting nowhere. Sadly the car's currently in Geneva for the ski season, so i only get to play at weekend Smile

Hi Peeps, I just wanted to add my two pence worth!

I bought a 15MY Evoque, with the in-control apps. I have purchased the Sygic app after trialling the free version on my iPhone. It has the speed sign displayed, traffic warnings and speed camera alerts. All this for £60 + Subscriptions. Bargain,compared to what the intelligence pack would cost. It doesn't however sync with the HUD or the driver information panel.

MY2015 RR Evoque, Dynamic, HUD, In-Control Apps, Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof with Panoramic Roof. Keyless Entry
06-02-2015 08:22am
iwf

I held off buying Sygic, because I thought it was too expensive for something I already had. However on your recommendation I bought it last week. I also got the Hud upgrade, which I thought was actually more use.

My overall problem is that I only get to drive the evoque at weekends, having brought it over to Geneva for the ski season, my wife working there. So I drive it into the Alps and back again on Sunday night. Little time for playing.

I can't even get the car to recognise a usb stick having tried many from the collection I have.

However, I have hope for Incontrol apps. LR Signed a deal with Cloudcar for an app called JustDrive. I contacted them a few weeks ago and finally got a reply last week. They're expecting delivery in Q2, so any time up to June. Their website gives little away but it does point to a better wrapper for apps allowing more selection.

We will see. Meanwhile I need to get a usb stick working Smile
17-02-2015 01:01pm
Daveparky

(17-02-2015 01:01pm)iwf Wrote:  I held off buying Sygic, because I thought it was too expensive for something I already had. However on your recommendation I bought it last week. I also got the Hud upgrade, which I thought was actually more use.

My overall problem is that I only get to drive the evoque at weekends, having brought it over to Geneva for the ski season, my wife working there. So I drive it into the Alps and back again on Sunday night. Little time for playing.

I can't even get the car to recognise a usb stick having tried many from the collection I have.

However, I have hope for Incontrol apps. LR Signed a deal with Cloudcar for an app called JustDrive. I contacted them a few weeks ago and finally got a reply last week. They're expecting delivery in Q2, so any time up to June. Their website gives little away but it does point to a better wrapper for apps allowing more selection.

We will see. Meanwhile I need to get a usb stick working Smile

IWF, you will need to format your USB Stick as FAT32, If your a windows user its most likely to be NTFS (Microsoft)

I also looked on LR Website for the updates for their NAV, Over £200, a con compared to Sygic which is lifetime free maps.

Dave

MY2015 RR Evoque, Dynamic, HUD, In-Control Apps, Firenze Red, Contrast Black Roof with Panoramic Roof. Keyless Entry
17-02-2015 11:31pm
iwf

Dave

Thanks, but I picked that up from the thread about usb sticks. In fact all the sticks I've tried were formated as FAT 32 by default. What I really need to do is to sit in the car with a PC or Mac trying out different things. IT is my profession so this is deeply embarrassing Smile

If I don't sort something out soon I'm going to have to beg a member with a working stick to send me it in the post. Meanwhile I have an old iPod classic which does work, but then I'm having to use iTunes, which I hate.

Whet model stick do you use, and did you do anything special to get it working.

Smile
18-02-2015 06:34pm
Daveparky

I have only tried my IPHONE, I will try a stick that works in my MAC, I read the system is Unix based, so I would of thought FAT32 would of been an obvious choice. I will do more research.

18-02-2015 09:53pm
emvee

(18-02-2015 06:34pm)iwf Wrote:  Dave

Thanks, but I picked that up from the thread about usb sticks. In fact all the sticks I've tried were formated as FAT 32 by default. What I really need to do is to sit in the car with a PC or Mac trying out different things. IT is my profession so this is deeply embarrassing Smile

If I don't sort something out soon I'm going to have to beg a member with a working stick to send me it in the post. Meanwhile I have an old iPod classic which does work, but then I'm having to use iTunes, which I hate.

Whet model stick do you use, and did you do anything special to get it working.

Smile

Video Playback from the USB stick is only supported on Evoques equipeed with the navigation package..

(06-02-2015 08:22am)Daveparky Wrote:  Hi Peeps, I just wanted to add my two pence worth!

I bought a 15MY Evoque, with the in-control apps. I have purchased the Sygic app after trialling the free version on my iPhone. It has the speed sign displayed, traffic warnings and speed camera alerts. All this for £60 + Subscriptions. Bargain,compared to what the intelligence pack would cost. It doesn't however sync with the HUD or the driver information panel.

Just curious. Would you mind posting your software version from the secret menu? (Hold down the valet on screen button for 40 seconds)
(This post was last modified: 04-03-2015 07:54pm by emvee.)
04-03-2015 07:52pm