Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New car order
pacmeoff

New car order

All,

I have just put a deposit down on a new RRE (I know bad timing with 9 speed box being announced on the same day) and I have been given the vin number which I have just checked on Topix.

The build date is 8th Nov 2012

Now I starting to think why as it not been sold before now - nearly 4 months.

It's in a depot from what the salesman is telling me and should be with them middle of next week.

I know it's not the most popular colour (Baltic Blue) but the spec seems good (Prestige with powered tailgate, pano roof with grey leather).

Do you think this could have been a rejected car, or a car that needed "extra" attention once it was built.

I plan on asking the salesman but he is very unlikely to tell me the truth if it needed major repair work to get it upto standard.

Any thought would be welcome.

Thanks
Paul.
02-03-2013 01:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Daigriff

RE: New car order

I'd be straight on to the dealer to find out. So you didn't choose the spec? Are you paying full price?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
02-03-2013 02:52pm
pacmeoff

(02-03-2013 02:52pm)Daigriff Wrote:  I'd be straight on to the dealer to find out. So you didn't choose the spec? Are you paying full price?

No I was looking for quick delivery so I took a stock car.

I have employee discount plus a little more so I have paid £36,500 for a SD4 Auto Prestige with powered tailgate & pano roof.

Paul.
02-03-2013 04:02pm
Daigriff

That's a very good price. I'm sure there'll be no issues but I'd definitely eyeball the salesman and ask the question.

Hope all goes well...I love mineSmile

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
02-03-2013 10:48pm
James @ Grange Barnet LR
Site Sponsor

That doesn't sound like a stock order due to the colour and spec, therefore I'd say it was ordered for a customer who cancelled.

As mentioned, ask the question as they may be able to show you the cancellation (obscuring the original customers info).

James Smile

Follow us on Twitter: @GrangeBarnetJLR Thumbs Up
03-03-2013 08:25am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pacmeoff

(03-03-2013 08:25am)James @ Hadley Green LR Wrote:  That doesn't sound like a stock order due to the colour and spec, therefore I'd say it was ordered for a customer who cancelled.

As mentioned, ask the question as they may be able to show you the cancellation (obscuring the original customers info).

James Smile

I've been told by the salesman it was ordered for "showroom" stock but never made it so it's been siting in a compound for 3 1/2 months.
03-03-2013 11:09pm
THEMACS

(03-03-2013 11:09pm)pacmeoff Wrote:  I've been told by the salesman it was ordered for "showroom" stock but never made it so it's been siting in a compound for 3 1/2 months.

Make sure you check the paintwork thoroughly if it's been in a compound for that length of time

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
03-03-2013 11:25pm
Donny Dog

(03-03-2013 11:09pm)pacmeoff Wrote:  I've been told by the salesman it was ordered for "showroom" stock but never made it so it's been siting in a compound for 3 1/2 months.

Donkey's years ago I bought a 'new' Austin Metro (don't ask!) for my wife, and found deflated balloons (of the decorative type, this is not a euphemism!) under the seats - I could only assume it had been used for some promotional activity. The metal back of the rear seat had also been part re-sprayed black so badly that it had over-sprayed on to the upholstery, looking as though there had been something carelessly loaded into the boot. Although there was only nominal delivery mileage on the clock, I subsequently discovered that the car had also been exported to Eire and re-imported back to the UK, and yet they happily sold it as 'new'. Two weeks later it broke down on the way to a wedding 'down south!. Hopefully, such things don't happen nowadays!(?)
03-03-2013 11:48pm
Daigriff

Hmm not sure a brand new Prestige would be sat around in a compound when they are in so much demand, just to let it go for £1,000's under list. Doesn't add up to me.

What's the mileage?

03-03-2013 11:50pm
pacmeoff

(03-03-2013 11:50pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Hmm not sure a brand new Prestige would be sat around in a compound when they are in so much demand, just to let it go for £1,000's under list. Doesn't add up to me.

What's the mileage?

I've requested to inspect car before It's registered, not sure what the mileage is yet but I will double check that.

It's not been discount that much to be honest over the 10% employee deal, I basically got 10% + £500 off OTR price. I believe the 10% discount is made up of 5% JLR and 5% dealer.

I will give it a good look over, I'm a bit of a freak when it comes to paint work quality.

Regards
Paul
04-03-2013 11:24am