Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New car detail recommended? How have your delivery Evoques looked?
Big G

RE: New car detail recommended? How have your delivery Evoques looked?

(21-01-2012 10:52am)QueJumper Wrote:  I guess it depends on the relationship with your dealer.

The last thing you want is for them to handover the car unprepped take it to a detailed who finds an issue then take it back and the dealer says well we didn't do that.

So maybe get the dealer to prep it and then whip it round to your detailer. If there's any issues you can then take it back to LR under warranty anyway.

£200 does sound very cheap for a full body machine polish. But then I do live back in rip off Thames Valley South now. Everything motoring was cheaper in the Midlands!

http://babyrr.com/forum/Forum-Detailing-Car-Care lots of good info here,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
21-01-2012 11:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrawfsEvoque

Had mine detailed today. Well worth the price. Quite a bit cheaper than the offering from the dealer. Only fault found on the car was two small paint drips. These were not in an obviously visible area. Detailing was done using Permanon products on the exterior. Leather and interior also protected. Excellent job by a professional.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
28-01-2012 10:37pm
WB
WB

(28-01-2012 10:37pm)CrawfsEvoque Wrote:  Had mine detailed today. Well worth the price. Quite a bit cheaper than the offering from the dealer. Only fault found on the car was two small paint drips. These were not in an obviously visible area. Detailing was done using Permanon products on the exterior. Leather and interior also protected. Excellent job by a professional.

Permanon is very good stuff.

Where were the drips out of interest? and how were your paint measurements? a few Fuji's have had very thin paint on the bumpers.
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2012 10:28pm by WB.)
29-01-2012 10:28pm
CrawfsEvoque

Hi. Paint drips, two and tiny, were on top of offside wheel arch just under the bonnet overhang. Hence not really visible. They don't show up on photos. Rob said paint itself was very good allover. Car was quite contaminated prior to treatment though. The paintwork feels glass smooth now. This is the fourth time I have used a detailer rather that the dealers offerings and can't recommend the process enough.

Pure SD4 Auto, Fuji White, Almond / Espresso, Pure Style Pack, Tech Pack, Auto Dim Mirror, Park Assist, Carpet Mats, Zenons, Spare Wheel, Mudflaps, Rigid Boot Liner and Rubber Mats.
30-01-2012 02:39pm
Donny Dog

Has anyone any experience of iValet?

(They recommend 'Lifeshine' (which uses Autoglym products) and I see several posters on here don't rate Autoglym).
02-03-2012 06:44pm
Tosh

Had mine done pre-handover. Local detailer went to the dealership and took the car and did a paint inspection then full detail/protect in and out with Swisswax products. pics to follow

Prestige 5dr SD4 auto. Lux pack. Ipanema sand/Spirit. Privacy glass. Ordered 10 Sept, delivered 6 March 2012
05-03-2012 04:11pm
rvsvet

Although I still have a 3 month wait for mine, I have had the following new car detailing quote today: wash, clay treatment, light machine polish, glaze, 2 coats carnauba wax, leather conditioner and wheel polish and wax for £270. Quite pleased with that. Hope I shall be just as pleased when I see the end result.

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
06-03-2012 08:34pm
WB
WB

(06-03-2012 08:34pm)rvsvet Wrote:  Although I still have a 3 month wait for mine, I have had the following new car detailing quote today: wash, clay treatment, light machine polish, glaze, 2 coats carnauba wax, leather conditioner and wheel polish and wax for £270. Quite pleased with that. Hope I shall be just as pleased when I see the end result.

Would be worth looking closely at the products they use. Wax will give some protection but there are more modern ranges that will give a very high gloss finish but provide much more protection such as quartz/ceramic based products. Take a look at CQuartz and Gtechniq.
07-03-2012 01:28pm
jonty

There are photos of my RRE getting Gtechniq new car protection on http://www.cardetail.co.uk

Arrived September 16th 2011 - Prestige 5 door SD4 Auto in Orkney Grey
08-03-2012 01:46pm
xxxx5

(08-03-2012 01:46pm)jonty Wrote:  There are photos of my RRE getting Gtechniq new car protection on http://www.cardetail.co.uk

Hi Jonty, noticed your in Lancashire, where abouts?

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
08-03-2012 09:25pm