Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New car detail recommended? How have your delivery Evoques looked?
mickydd

RE: New car detail recommended? How have your delivery Evoques looked?

Jonty, Looks a very thorough detail. Can you give us some indication of cost. Looks brilliant in the finished pics!

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
08-03-2012 09:50pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jonty

(08-03-2012 09:50pm)mickydd Wrote:  Jonty, Looks a very thorough detail. Can you give us some indication of cost. Looks brilliant in the finished pics!

Micky, £450 (gulp!). Seems a lot but the final result is brilliant.

Arrived September 16th 2011 - Prestige 5 door SD4 Auto in Orkney Grey
09-03-2012 09:52am
Tosh

Mine was £450

Paint check, wash, light clay, cleaner, 4 layers of Swisswax and the interior cleaned/protected. Took the chap most of the day.

Prestige 5dr SD4 auto. Lux pack. Ipanema sand/Spirit. Privacy glass. Ordered 10 Sept, delivered 6 March 2012
09-03-2012 12:56pm
mickydd

Thanks for the update Jonty, looks well worth it. I was considering having mine detailed before I collected from dealer, but it was difficult arranging the detailer. Now I'm torn between using something like Autoglym HD or have a treatment similar to you which is much more hard wearing and longer lasting than a wax.
Need to do a bit more research I think.

Arrived 24th February. Dynamic 5 dr SD4, manual ,Firenze with Verve interior, 20" Sparkle
09-03-2012 07:37pm
jonty

(08-03-2012 09:25pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Hi Jonty, noticed your in Lancashire, where abouts?

Sorry,xxxx5, I missed your question. I'm right on the Lancs/Yorks border near Todmorden.

Arrived September 16th 2011 - Prestige 5 door SD4 Auto in Orkney Grey
13-03-2012 05:19pm
Firenze

I Had mine detailed by Revolution Detailing in Bristol with Qtechniq products and am very pleased, the paintwork was treated with C1 and it looks almost wet and comes with a 5 year warrantee all I have to do is wash it and even the dirt is suppose to stick less.

I also had the leather treated and it seems to have made the colour slightly more vivid really pleased as I was worried it could change the colour for the worse, it just looks better than without it.

I would definitely recommend Revolution Detailing, Adam spent the whole day on my Evoque and Iam very pleased with the results

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
16-03-2012 03:11pm
MrHooky

Re: RE: New car detail recommended? How have your delivery Evoques looked?

(09-03-2012 12:56pm)Tosh Wrote:  Mine was £450

Paint check, wash, light clay, cleaner, 4 layers of Swisswax and the interior cleaned/protected. Took the chap most of the day.

That does seem a little pricey - did they even use a machine on it? Even if using swisswax there's a hefty margin in there. Chap will be taking home over 7k a month if he only does 4 of those a week!

I've been quoted 200 for a day which includes a light once over 'finishing' polish with a machine.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
22-03-2012 07:44pm