Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New car and another tyre question
ayox

New car and another tyre question

Hi All

ordered a new santorini black se tech 5dr td4 which is due for delivery first week in November and after reading loads and loads on here and the other RRE forums im confused with which tyres mine will be delivered with? I read in one of the threads that orders this time of year usually come with all terrain tyres (I have the 18" 506 wheels) Is this correct or will mine have road tyres?

Also what is the general consensus of AT tyres for winter or swap to winter tyres? If it is delivered with road tyres I will definetly swap them to winter tyres but If it comes with AT tyres will that be good enough?

Where I live its not a case of "if we get snow" its a case of "when we get snow" Also our lane never gets gritted as its a very very minor road in the middle of the moors. Last year I got buy in my rear wheel drive BMW by parking in the village and walking the one mile and a half every morning and night to and from it but it wasnt much fun for 3 weeks and last year was mild!

Look forward to being part of the froum and have a few mods planned for when I receive the car, first of whitch will be to plasti dip the wheels black.
06-10-2015 04:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: New car and another tyre question

With 18" wheels you will most probably to certainly get M+S that's "Mud and Snow" tyres, the make is uncertain, but these will be fine on Snow, you could get better snow grip buying full winter tyres, but you'll be surprised how good it is on M+S tyres.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-10-2015 04:56pm
ayox

(06-10-2015 04:56pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  With 18" wheels you will most probably to certainly get M+S that's "Mud and Snow" tyres, the make is uncertain, but these will be fine on Snow, you could get better snow grip buying full winter tyres, but you'll be surprised how good it is on M+S tyres.

Good stuff, thanks for your help.
Is it worth getting 4 snow socks for when the lane is really bad then and making do with the Mud and snow tyres everywhere else? would probaly only cost about £100
06-10-2015 05:04pm
PhilSkill

Not a bad thing to have in the boot if you are worried you might get very poor conditions, hopefully you'll never need them, but peace of mind isn't a bad thing to pay for.

Another option is your dealer or a local tyre firm may do tyre swap and storage if you do want to put it on Winters for the Winter.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-10-2015 05:10pm
Acwats

The Pirelli Verde All Seasons were great in the snow. These are marked M+S as Philskill says. I would save my money, socks are a real pain and I can't see you needing them

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2015 12:02am by Acwats.)
12-10-2015 12:02am