Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Tyres - Kuhmo PS91 are superb
borbor1313

New Tyres - Kuhmo PS91 are superb

Have just replaced the OEM continentals with these and really impressed
They are Kuhmo's top of the range tyre and got them fitted for A$310 each
Considered Michellins and Conti's again but at over$530 a piece they were a lot more expensive.

Not that many reviews out there but found this

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=954272

Really accurate review and agree on all fronts
Grip in dry and wet conditions is excellent

Best thing is they are REALLY quiet, I would give them a 10/10

Running 245/45/20s so even though the Conti's were quiet there was still reasonable road noise.
The Kuhmo's are significantly quieter because of their block tread pattern, so much so that all I can hear now is the engine noise whereas I was unaware of the engine noise when driving prior to the tyre change.
21-04-2015 02:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: New Tyres - Kuhmo PS91 are superb

Certainly interesting at the price and Noise levels, just remember these are circuit and road tyres only, I wonder what the wear rate will be, often circuit tyres will be softer for more grip, but that means wear rate is higher generally... just don't go off-road or snow trekking and expect the advertised performance of the Evoque.

Let us know how you get on with them for the long term, I'm certainly no fan of the Continentals, they are noisy, booming on bumps.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-04-2015 01:09pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Also is there not an insurance issue with fitting tyres not designed for the type of vehicle they are intended for? Evoque is an SUV and regardless of whether you intend to go off road or not your insurance company will deny cover for fitting a road and track tyre to it instead of off road biased tyres.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2015 01:32pm by XFullFatTim.)
21-04-2015 01:31pm
borbor1313

Hi Phil , good point about the compound. My Conti's lasted 44,000 km so I guess these only need to last 26500km to be ahead.Will post again if there is any premature deterioration/wear.
And yes good point about them being road tyres rather than AT ,means they will be rubbish off road so not recommended if taking your evoque off road. I have a LR4 for that so the Evoque will be on road all the time.

With regards to insurance, will have better on road grip than AT so no insurance issues. I can see Tim's point if your put mud tyres on your sports car and had a crash but not the other way around unless your crashed when still trying to do off roading in road tyres.Here in OZ we don't have to have winter tyres so wont be swapping them either
22-04-2015 03:15am