Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Standard Audio
walterwindbag

New Standard Audio

I popped into the stealer on Saturday to fine tune my order (read spend more money).
I was contemplating upgrading my MY16 order to the old MY15 Audio Spec. My concern was that the loss of the subwoofer, the HDD, the CD and half the speakers would constitute a definite downgrade and I wanted to upgrade to the old 380w system.
She said don't bother! She drove the new spec last week and unless I was a HiFi freak or I definitely needed a CD facility I should save my money. She said she thought the whole Audio/HMI system was so much better than the current one she much prefers it.
So I asked her about the card-based GPS compared to the current HDD system and again she said forget it. The new system didn't lead her astray as much as the old one. She was a real enthusiast for the new standard spec.
I was absolutely gob-smacked Surprised
So I celebrated by adding on auto main-beam lights and Advanced Driveline, neither of which were available in March. And I deleted the power-fold mirrors and front fogs from my original order as these are now part of the new spec for SE Tech anyway.
It's all good.
Walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
13-07-2015 12:02pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndyFrance

RE: New Standard Audio

(13-07-2015 12:02pm)walterwindbag Wrote:  I popped into the stealer on Saturday to fine tune my order (read spend more money).
I was contemplating upgrading my MY16 order to the old MY15 Audio Spec. My concern was that the loss of the subwoofer, the HDD, the CD and half the speakers would constitute a definite downgrade and I wanted to upgrade to the old 380w system.
She said don't bother! She drove the new spec last week and unless I was a HiFi freak or I definitely needed a CD facility I should save my money. She said she thought the whole Audio/HMI system was so much better than the current one she much prefers it.
So I asked her about the card-based GPS compared to the current HDD system and again she said forget it. The new system didn't lead her astray as much as the old one. She was a real enthusiast for the new standard spec.
I was absolutely gob-smacked Surprised
So I celebrated by adding on auto main-beam lights and Advanced Driveline, neither of which were available in March. And I deleted the power-fold mirrors and front fogs from my original order as these are now part of the new spec for SE Tech anyway.
It's all good.
Walt

Hey Walt,

I can understand you maybe getting a little confused in your old age fella..................Are you sure you went to a JLR dealer?.............If you did, she's no good at her job. If you didn't, I'll expect to see pic's of your new Skoda Yetti (or similar) on here in NovemberVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2015 03:19pm by AndyFrance.)
13-07-2015 03:17pm
walterwindbag

Very droll!
Walt

On order for Nov: SE Tech Coupe, 180bhp, 9 speed auto, pano roof, privacy glass, spare wheel, Auto High Beam, Rear camera, 5 year service pack, Active Driveline, Aintree Green, Almond/Espresso.
14-07-2015 10:06am
AndyFrance

(14-07-2015 10:06am)walterwindbag Wrote:  Very droll!
Walt

I've been in France too long Walt.........Happy Bastille Day mate!
14-07-2015 10:21am
walterwindbag

Went straight over my head mate. LoL
walt

14-07-2015 11:14am
The Valeter

SE Tech? Is that a new model to replace Pure Tech? Bet the price has gone up loads.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
18-07-2015 09:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bryan m

Pretty much the same price but loads more kit eg Xenons/Electric seats etc Just a down grade on the crap satnav system if that is possible!
19-07-2015 09:34am