Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Signature lights
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New Signature lights

No LED headlights, come on I have them on my 1996 Defender fitted and set up for £400! Not had a blown lamp in months now whereas as I was regualrly having to replace the old 1 candle power units before. Only problem is that even in the daytime people flash headlights at me if I use the LED's as DRL's!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-12-2015 05:15pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ricvifarho

(25-11-2015 08:28pm)barryg41 Wrote:  As a new (daft Laughingl) member and owner of a MY16 Dynamic HSE with LED package, the DRL's do not include the rear lights.

How do you find the LEDs? I am looking to order a MY16 and having been very happy with adaptive xenons on my MY12, am wondering whether the adaptive LEDS are worth the £1000over the non adaptive xenons....

#1...Prestige SD4, Firenze, manual, adaptive dynamics and xenons, pano, black rails...not much else
Del 1/3/12 ,59000 very enjoyable miles
#2...HSE Dynamic TD4180, March 2016, Firenze with Santorini roof, roof rails from #1, auto, adaptive dynamics, pano, adaptive LEDs...Meridian 380W..and heated steering wheel! This is Scotland after all!
13-02-2016 07:09pm
Evo-king

Have a look here.

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-2016-facelift-conversion

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-02-2016 09:06pm
EarlofEltham

Ricvifarho, I have the LED lights and they're far superior over HID. Well worth the cost if you a bit on night driving.
I have an Aus spec car which is probably closer to a UK spec car than a US one. Will check rear DRLs and report.
It may be on the cars that have been spotted with them on, simply have the parking lights on as they drive.
21-02-2016 03:42am
Nickj

Can anyone confirm if UK signature lights have the indicators in the DRL and the whole sig drls flashes or are they separate?
21-02-2016 10:24pm
PAT

(21-02-2016 10:24pm)Nickj Wrote:  Can anyone confirm if UK signature lights have the indicators in the DRL and the whole sig drls flashes or are they separate?

Yes, the U.K. signature lights have the indicators in the DRL and the whole DRL flashes orange when signalling.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
24-02-2016 10:01pm
Nickj

Thanks Pat. Do you have a 2016 to corobarate that?

My my16 unit looks to have a normal indicator bulb ? ( it's unffitted as planing facelift)
24-02-2016 10:35pm
PAT

(24-02-2016 10:35pm)Nickj Wrote:  Thanks Pat. Do you have a 2016 to corobarate that?

My my16 unit looks to have a normal indicator bulb ? ( it's unffitted as planing facelift)

Yes, I've a MY16 so can confirm. Plus you can tell as all cars fitted with the full LED lights don't have washer sprays for the lights.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
27-02-2016 01:08am
EarlofEltham

Saw another MY16 on the road today. It only had HIDs and the indicator was a seperate globe in the corner of the DRLs.

My car has the adaptive LEDs so that would explain the difference in the indicators. That is my DRLs flash amber.

Whether there is a difference between the UK and Aus specs, I don't know.
27-02-2016 08:11am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

What you describe Earl gets around the problem of indicators on some cars being almost invisible behind the DRLs, Audis and Skodas in particular I find it very hard to see the indiscarorlight because it is integrated into the DRL unit that doesn't dip or switch off when the indicator is flashing. Great way that LR has got around it by make the DRL flash amber!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-02-2016 10:32am