Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Order (Help with spec)
sboast90

Hi all,

Been lurking for a month now and thought better introduce myself.

My name is Steve and I placed an order 27/4/12. I was told it would be roughly 6 months and of that I've got 3 months to finalise the spec.

I test drove a coupe SD4 auto dynamic with every option and liked it.

Provisional order is:
5 Door Dynamic SD4 Auto
Firenze Red
Black and red interior
Black roof with pano
Shadow alloys
Lux pack
Assisted xenons
Tinted windows
Heated steering wheel
Spare wheel
Detachable tow bar
A few other things I can't remeber

Didn't go for the dynamic pack as thought it seemed a bit steep and didn't think bucket seats really suited the 5 door.

Main dilema is over the engine and the interior. I'm coming from a focus RS tuned to 420bhp, I'm a bit worried i'll miss the performance so thinking of the Si4 but there was not one available for test drive. I only do 8000 miles a year and reading on here I would be expexting about 24mpg from the Si4 and 35mpg from the SD4. (I don't drive in town that often). I know both will seem slow compared to the focus but the SD4 on the test drive seemed adequate for the type of car and it will be nice to not have to fill up every 200 miles. Car was so refined and quiet couldn't tell it was diesel once on the move. Handled nicely too.

So for those that have driven both is the Si4 much faster/better/nimbler? Think I would enjoy it a bit more, but I've ordered the Evoque to say goobye to the boy racer in me and slow down and relax a bit so think might as well go for diesel as it would suit it better.

As for the interior, think I might change to the plain black interior, think there might be a bit too much red. (My better half is determined I should get Colima lime with the grey/green interior as she used to have a green 207.)

One last question, think the detachable towbar with electrics is £550, would I be better cancelling it and getting an aftermarket one?

Sorry for all the questions.

Looking forward to ownership and getting involved with the forum

Steve

Ordered 27/4/12
Dynamic Firenze Lux 5 Door

[Image: 131779.png]
04-06-2012 10:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chunk

RE: New Order (Help with spec)

Your spec sounds good to me, you have ticked almost every box anyway apart from the dynamic plus pack. Coming from a focus rs I'm surprised you haven't selected that option!???? For me coming from renaultsports with recaros and current cliov6 they were a must have and suit the 5 door very well indeed. I suggest you have a look if you can as the dash looks sooo much better with the leather.

I test drove an si4 as it had the plus seats in it and it felt quicker than the sd4 but more punchy and not as smooth. I had already decided on the diesel sd4 but that made up my mind for me.

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
04-06-2012 10:39pm
sboast90

The car I test drove had the plus seats, sat in a normal one in the dealership and thought they were more comfy, never noticed the dash was any different.

Cheers for the advice.

Ordered 27/4/12

05-06-2012 04:55am
Neo

I have driven all the engines and while the petrol is definately more responsive with the throttle, it was very revvy.
I chose the sd4 bc it is very quiet and fuel economy is better. I love the plus seats but couldn't justify the cost (10k extra when u add all the taxes). I love the spec of yr car though !

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
05-06-2012 06:08am
slee18

Im only getting about 21-22.

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
06-06-2012 12:53am
Evoquative

Hi Steve
Your spec sounds great. I drove both the SD4 & SI4 as I have a pre DPF 330d and was worried about doing lowish mileage in a new diesel. I much prefered the petrol - it was more responsive and also had a better engine tone than the SD4. Plus I am getting around 26/7 on a longish drive and the car has only done 600 miles... It won't compare with the Focus - we also have an old ST (not tuned) but it is still pretty nippy for a bigger car.
As for the plus seats - I love them - I think they look fine in the 5 door and my husband insisted we went for the red and everyone who has seen/sat in the car loves them they are much more comfortable than the Focus Recaro's. Also the leather dash and the door panels look better in my opinion. If you want any pics just let me know - happy to post a few of the interior if you like.

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
06-06-2012 11:19am
sboast90

Evouqative,

If you could post some pics of the interior that would be great.

I'll maybe go back to the dealer and see if he still has a plus and a non plus. I only had a quick look at the standard one last time.

So that's one vote for diesel and one for petrol, even more confused now!

(06-06-2012 11:19am)Evoquative Wrote:  Hi Steve
Your spec sounds great. I drove both the SD4 & SI4 as I have a pre DPF 330d and was worried about doing lowish mileage in a new diesel. I much prefered the petrol - it was more responsive and also had a better engine tone than the SD4. Plus I am getting around 26/7 on a longish drive and the car has only done 600 miles... It won't compare with the Focus - we also have an old ST (not tuned) but it is still pretty nippy for a bigger car.
As for the plus seats - I love them - I think they look fine in the 5 door and my husband insisted we went for the red and everyone who has seen/sat in the car loves them they are much more comfortable than the Focus Recaro's. Also the leather dash and the door panels look better in my opinion. If you want any pics just let me know - happy to post a few of the interior if you like.

Ordered 27/4/12

06-06-2012 06:50pm
Evoquative

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Now a very happy owner of a Dynamic Si4 Firenze 5dr, black roof with lux & plus packs, black alloys, heated steering wheel, privacy, homelink & spare wheel.Very Happy
07-06-2012 10:04pm
Chunk

Gotta love the plus pack interior, it was the first option box I ticked when ordering!!

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
07-06-2012 11:03pm
PhilSkill

Electric tailgate?

Diesel is a more of a relaxing drive than sporty and can have little bit of hesitancy (turbo lag?) when pulling away from a junction over how a petrol drives, Its not really a sporty car but it can really go on the odd occasions you need it to. Its fun and enjoyable and with the dynamic mode can stiffen up the ride too for the twisty lanes, I've had no concerns when overtaking has been required although coming from a petrol its easy to run a diesel into the limiter.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-06-2012 11:29pm