Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Mini Roadster
Stadt Panzer

RE: New Mini Roadster

Don't want to put anyone off but Mini (BMW) are no longer making the Roadster.

They didn't sell enough so it's been pulled.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
17-04-2015 06:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Simplesimon

(25-04-2012 08:49pm)bogstomper Wrote:  Used Boxters are very good value now - wont tick the British box obviously but supposed to be about as good to drive as it gets and a used S could be about half the price of that mini...! ()o)
My way of thinking exactly!!

It was a tough decision at the time. Either a brand new Boxster S. Or evoque dynamic.
SWMBO won in the end. But no regrets!
We even thought about stretching to a RRS. but came to the conclusion that we could have best of both worlds.
Brand new Evoque and used Boxster S. Which I am currently looking into!

Have you driven one Tim?
Phenomenal fun. And handling to die for!
We had a Mini Cooper S a few years back. Wouldn't have another thrown at me !!
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2015 07:15pm by Simplesimon.)
17-04-2015 07:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Never driven a Porsche of any sort, I'm sorry to all but they just don't appeal to me. I ran a TVR SEAC for two years and after that a Boxter would be a huge let down.............. but I would be very happy to own a Jaguar F type in either convertable or Coupe form and with the V6S engine, although the V8 would be nice. Had I not changed as quickly as I did (I was expecting to be told I would have a 5 month wait for the RRS) then the new AWD F Type would have been on my list of replacements for the Evoque

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2015 09:55pm by XFullFatTim.)
17-04-2015 09:52pm
Evo-king

I know what the Cayman S is like, my son drives one, nearly got one myself earlier this year, fortunately for me the Porsche dealer had a Z4, 3.5i Roadster, I bought that instead, never been happier, IMO it beats the Porsche.

What's even better is that we have had some cracking weather and have had the roof down on many occasions.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
17-04-2015 09:58pm