Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Member - Just Purchased... now waiting!
Damo

New Member - Just Purchased... now waiting!

Hi everyone, new member here! Went to a dealership in Melbourne this past Saturday (19/05/2012) and ended up ordering an Evoque! Quite out of character for me, I haven't driven a car with more than 2 seats for almost 10 years! Certainly never considered buying a 4WD, much less a Range Rover. As I'm sure you'll all agree, there's just something about the Evoque that is special, and I knew instantly it was the car for me.

At this stage I've ordered an Auto TD4 Pure 5 door in Fuji White and ebony leather. Options I have selected are the panoramic roof, heated seats, tech pack, clearview pack, rear vents, reversing camera, and front/rear parking sensors. Dealer has quoted a September/October delivery, though from what I've seen on this forum, that might be ambitious!

I'm considering a few extra options, but the dealer (amazingly) has been a bit reticent, suggesting I won't get a lot of value from them, or may not like them. They include the ebony headlining, keyless entry, maybe going for a prestige (though the extra $$ is something that's hard to swallow), and powered tailgate. Any thoughts on these, or other options that I should be considering? I am also not sure on what wheels to go for. I love the look of the 19/20s, but don't wanna be spending heaps on tyres, or imapct the smoothness of the ride. I don't plan to go offroad, so that's not an issue for me.

I was also thinking the SD4 engine might be better. I'm heading back to the dealer on Saturday to test them both, one after the other, to see if I notice the difference.

Anyway, after that long introduction, I'll finish by saying thanks for everyone's comments on this forum! Really pleased to see an active community for what will surely be a favourite purchase of mine!

Ordered: TD4, Auto, 5 door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof, Ebony Leather, Ebony Headliner, Tech Pack, Clearview Pack, Heated Seats + More!
23-05-2012 03:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
spif888

RE: New Member - Just Purchased... now waiting!

Go for the Ebony Headlining. With an Ebony interior, the black roof lining completes the look. You don't have to worry about the interior being to dark or gloomy as you have selected the pano roof to bright things up. From memory it's a $600 option but well with the cost.

I posted pics on the thread
BRISBANE'S NEWEST/LATEST EVOQUE

I'm very happy with the ride of the 19 inch wheels and will feel even happier when I need to replace the tyres that I'm not having to buy 20 inch tyres.

The feature I do miss is the powered tailgate. I can't remember but when I ordered last September, I dont think it was offered to me.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
23-05-2012 03:39am
Neo

Congrats on your order! Do ask the dealer when yr car will be built, this will give you a better indicator of the arrival time.
I have ordered the pano roof too but didnt opt for the ebony headliner as when the blinds are closed, the interior is very dark. Besides, you will not have the blinds opened on really hot days.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 04:58am by Neo.)
23-05-2012 04:54am
Damo

Thanks for the replies! I am a little worried that it would be too dark with the ebony headlining. I have very pale skin, so am unlikely to leave the blind open when there's some (any) sun around. Am going to have a look at the dealership again on Saturday, he has one in stock. He recommends sticking with the ivory, and I'm probably happy to save $600!

The powered tailgate seems like a good option, especially from a resale perspective. Perhaps a box I should tick. Still struggling to justify $1500 for keyless entry!!

Ordered: TD4, Auto, 5 door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof, Ebony Leather, Ebony Headliner, Tech Pack, Clearview Pack, Heated Seats + More!
23-05-2012 05:19am
chiggy

congrats on the order! you will absolutely love the car!

i'd definitely pick the powered tailgate over the keyless entry. I guess keyless entry is just one of those gimmicks that will wear off on you after a month or two whereas the tailgate is always going to be an extra convenience. In my mind, paying $1500 so you don't have to press a button is quite nonsensical and a waste of money.

I personally would stick with the lighter interior if you have the ebony seats. I guess melbourne weather is all over the place so even if you have the ebony seats, the lighter interior will definitely help the mood on gloomy days.

In terms of spending money on a prestige - I'd think it would be better to spend it on a dynamic as it changes the look of the car, looks much sportier and more "beefy" I guess. The prestige looks exactly the same just with a more lux interior. When it comes to re-sale a Dynamic is going to sell quicker than a Prestige simply because of its looks. That's my thought at least.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
23-05-2012 05:31am
Capital

The Prestige could be a good option in my view. You get the nicer leather, height adjustable front passenger seat which is missing from the pure and the dynamic and comes standard with the 19s, puddle lamps and the stuff in the pure clear view pack and tech pack.

If I was buying again I would go prestige with tech pack

If it is not too late, you should have a good look at the online sales sites as you may find there is already one in the country that you could get straight away in the spec you want and as there are a lot for sale you may even get a decent discount even if it has to come from interstate.

Keyless entry would be nice but is just an outrageous price in Australia. We pay double what Land Rover charge our UK colleagues for something that should be standard at least on the Prestige or Dymanic and this is not counting the LCT on top of that.
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2012 06:06am by Capital.)
23-05-2012 06:03am
Damo

Yeah, I'm quite annoyed by the premium they are charging for keyless entry. Seems like such a silly thing to make people pay for. I can't see myself spending that sort money on it. The prestige is tempting, I just feel the car creeping ever closer to the "too expensive" range Smile I'll have a chat with the dealer on the weekend and see what he says.

I have already paid a deposit, will definitely ask if that could be transferred to a vehicle that's already in the country, assuming there's one I like. As I'm sure you'll all agree, the wait will be horrible!

Any thoughts on TD4 vs. SD4? Dealer says not to bother, but 30kW seems significant!

23-05-2012 06:27am
chiggy

(23-05-2012 06:27am)Damo Wrote:  Yeah, I'm quite annoyed by the premium they are charging for keyless entry. Seems like such a silly thing to make people pay for. I can't see myself spending that sort money on it. The prestige is tempting, I just feel the car creeping ever closer to the "too expensive" range Smile I'll have a chat with the dealer on the weekend and see what he says.

I have already paid a deposit, will definitely ask if that could be transferred to a vehicle that's already in the country, assuming there's one I like. As I'm sure you'll all agree, the wait will be horrible!

Any thoughts on TD4 vs. SD4? Dealer says not to bother, but 30kW seems significant!

I drove both and I'm quite happy with the TD4. Having said that I was given an Si4 for the day and I will admit that the extra power is actually pretty pleasant, maybe won't make a difference if its the SD4.

If you are willing to spend the money - maybe go the SD4 just for the extra power - it does make a little bit of a difference.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
23-05-2012 06:49am
Neo

Yeah, i initially was planning to order the pure with the whole list of options but decided for the 10k extra, buy a dynamic with most of the options i wanted and a better looking car, better leather, and better resale vehicle

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
23-05-2012 07:26am
Damo

Hmm I might price up a Dynamic and a Prestige with the dealer. I took a look online, and with the options I wanted, the Prestige ended up being about $10k extra. It's just a shame that many of the things I want, like the pano roof, aren't included in either the Prestige or Dynamic!

I don't dare drive the Si4 - I'm worried I'd like it a whole lot better, then be $8k worse off! This will be my first ever diesel too! If there's only a minor difference in feel between the TD4 and SD4, I will save the $$ and stick with the TD4. My brother will be disappointed, but that's his issue Smile

23-05-2012 08:07am