Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New MY15 Delivered and i am bitterly disappointed....
toshers

had my new MY15 Dynamic lux delivered yesterday its an Si4 aintree green looks amazing but the dealer failed to inform me when ordering that there are three parts to incontrol...remote secure and apps...i just ordered remote and secure....i also wanted the apps...but the car does not have that...deeply disappointed let me tell you....Mad

28-06-2014 07:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New MY15 Delivered and i am bitterly disappointed....

Then check that you have a MY 15 and not a MY14.5 car - IIRC the apps are standard on all MY15 spec cars............... I'm even more disappointed because my March built 2014MY which was one of the first InControl equipped cars along with MarkA's, cannot be upgraded to the new apps system after only 3 months....................... we have a single app which you too should have and that is the smartphone app allowing access to the Incontrol and mine causes me all sorts of grief. TBH I think it's a huge con and a waste of money as it keeps forgetting the passwords and I have to continually create a new one to log into the car. I repeat what i posted shortly after taking delivery of my car - Incontrol Remote doesn't yet work as it should and I wouldn't advise anyone to spec it, and if you have I would advise cancelling it until LR has fixed it once and for all. Huge waste of money as afr as I am concerned not only does it not work properly it is out of date within 3 months of build and cannot be updated to the latest version, totally crap. LR are conning people that it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I ordered my car back in Sept 2013 and it was not built until March because of issues with InControl and then it was immediately made obsolete .................... happy bunny, NOT

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2014 08:12am by XFullFatTim.)
28-06-2014 07:59am
toshers

(28-06-2014 07:59am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Then check that you have a MY 15 and not a MY14.5 - IIRC the apps are standard on all MY15 spec cars...............

its definitely a MY15 Car all the documentation mention this...however evoque owners club are telling me that incontrol apps are not available until october....if this is the case my dealer failed to mention this...not impressed...with his lack of knowledge....
28-06-2014 08:03am
Tony

We ended up with staying with our 2014MY order (collected yesterday) and not delaying for 2015MY as InControl was a total waste money. Apart from the issues LR are having we live in an area with poor mobile phone coverage ( no 3G and 4G will be sometime never!) so I doubt it would ever work for us. Nice idea, badly applied.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
(This post was last modified: 28-06-2014 10:32am by Tony.)
28-06-2014 10:30am
toshers

Dealer called me this morning after i emailed him overnight...and he confirmed that incontrol apps are due to come out in the latter part of the year....how annoying....i told him when i was ordering i might wait until october for the autobiography but had a rush of blood and went ahead and ordered....
28-06-2014 10:58am
CB17

I've never met a car salesman who knows more information then I do when shopping for a new car...pretty sad!
14-07-2014 12:43pm
Johnknight

Mine is a 15 model and it comes with in control as standard but only the SOS and vehicle locator. It does the vehicle status (windows open etc) and fuel level on the app but the dealer didn't tell me you had to order the other apps separately. Not sure if I would use them anyway as the Bluetooth is fine. My bmw had full internet connectivity and I enjoyed having Wikipedia and emails on the dash, but it wasn't really necessary.

Dynamic Lux in Firenze red. MY15 model
12-11-2014 09:21pm
Stadt Panzer

"Mine is a 15 model and it comes with in control as standard but only the SOS and vehicle locator. It does the vehicle status (windows open etc) and fuel level on the app but the dealer didn't tell me you had to order the other apps separately."

This is what I was told by my dealer, which is fine for me.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
12-11-2014 09:53pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The system I have is InControl Remote which is a "smart phone" app as you guys describe and the SOS switch in the overhead console, I have a second covered switch that notifies the control centre with the details if the car breaks down and I press the button, it sends the log report to the recovery man so he knows what to expect. The tracker is simply an NMEA ouput from the in car satnav and the other electronic systems in the car. It works - I tracked my car at home while I was in Pakistan earlier this year! I was under the impression that 2015 cars were to get a different system of in-car apps on the screen not on your smartphone so I wonder if LR has ditched that system as you couldn't add apps to the few that were pre-installed.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-11-2014 10:18pm
J77

I looked at ordering the apps for my Disco Sport but changed my mind, I don't have much need for the apps that are available at the moment. Though my salesman did say it would come with them anyway as LR has changed the system you can't have one without the other, but then the Disco sport is coming with the new system, which seemed good on the car I was playing with, it felt more fluid but still looked grainy, Im hoping it was just pre production system.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
15-11-2014 01:13pm