Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Exhaust tips
Jinzen

New Exhaust tips

Really awful exhaust tips from factory, so I replaced them. $150 installed at a local exhaust shop (Couldn't justify Magnaflows which would have been like $150 just for the tips, these are some other brand stainless steel ones).

[Image: enTxp1e.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 05:48pm by Jinzen.)
18-01-2014 05:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

RE: New Exhaust tips

(18-01-2014 05:47pm)Jinzen Wrote:  Really awful exhaust tips from factory, so I replaced them. $150 installed at a local exhaust shop (Couldn't justify Magnaflows which would have been like $150 just for the tips, these are some other brand stainless steel ones).

[Image: enTxp1e.jpg]

Looks much better. I did the same. Got Magnaflows of a member for half price. Still paid £50 for fitting though

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
28-01-2014 09:35am
donot521

Just wondering how did they attach the tip
Weld it on or just clamp
17-02-2014 03:10pm
Jinzen

(17-02-2014 03:10pm)donot521 Wrote:  Just wondering how did they attach the tip
Weld it on or just clamp

Welded, no proper exhaust job is ever clamped really.
17-02-2014 03:14pm
mstraka

I guess its all one's opinion but why do you consider the round stock tips awful? The designers did it right. The stock is stainless (which turns a slight metallic colored hue from heat over time), and they have curled tip edges that makes them a high quality item. I believe that changing to a dark coloration aftermarket resulted in an expenditure for a part that is of less quality than stock.
18-02-2014 03:02pm
Jinzen

(18-02-2014 03:02pm)mstraka Wrote:  I guess its all one's opinion but why do you consider the round stock tips awful? The designers did it right. The stock is stainless (which turns a slight metallic colored hue from heat over time), and they have curled tip edges that makes them a high quality item. I believe that changing to a dark coloration aftermarket resulted in an expenditure for a part that is of less quality than stock.

Stock quality is fine but the look is out of place and dinky on a luxury car. The Dynamic has it right, and all of the others (Mercedes, BMW) did it right.

[Image: 2012-land-rover-Range-Rover-Evoque-rear-views.jpg]
18-02-2014 03:55pm
speary

IMHO the originals on my SD4 looked too small. The Magnaflows I now have look much better. These were welded on. I am not keen on the Dynamic exhausts as they seem to be trims in the bumper and you can see the round piped inside them

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
19-02-2014 02:04pm