Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Evoque Pure tech Auto MY2015 arrived 2 weeks ago Gearbox intermittent
derekredwards

Hi all
Have had my car 2 weeks now & 3 times so far have experienced the gearbox changes up to 4th & will not go above & will only change down when in D after stopping & stop start operating the only way to cure it when it happens is to sto,p turn off & re-start, has anyone else experienced this ?
01-12-2014 08:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: New Evoque Pure tech Auto MY2015 arrived 2 weeks ago Gearbox intermittent

Hmmm, not one i've heard of before, do you get any errors on the dash? I'm afraid you're back to dealers with that, but if its intermittent you might have to persevere with them to prove it's happening.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
01-12-2014 10:17pm
derekredwards

(01-12-2014 10:17pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hmmm, not one i've heard of before, do you get any errors on the dash? I'm afraid you're back to dealers with that, but if its intermittent you might have to persevere with them to prove it's happening.

No errors on dash I will see if it happens again before contacting dealer
01-12-2014 10:24pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No don't delay, get it back as soon as you can as it could cause other damge to the gearbox or as happened to mine, damage to the DPF due to excessive emissions - it could be that you have suffered the same sensor failure as mine did. Ask the dealer to put the car onto their diagnostic asap. If the dealer cannot give you an appointment today then call out LRA and get them to look at it with their diagnostic computer - even if the car is on your drive. If you have InControl remote, press the emergency alert button!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
01-12-2014 11:12pm
CRC@LandRover

Hi Derek,

As has been stated by Tim, I would suggest raising this to your selling Land Rover retailer or nearest Land Rover retailer to allow them to investigate it further.

Should you require further support, please send me a PM with your contact and vehicle details. Alternatively, you can email me at JLRcrcsm@Jaguarlandrover.com

Many thanks,
Pete

Please note although Land Rover will try to assist you with your issue, we are unable to provide any technical advice. This account is available between 0900 and 17:00 hours Monday – Friday. Outside of this time if you require assistance, please drop us a Private Message and we'll get back to you.
02-12-2014 05:54pm
under

Another one!!!! This isn't good
05-12-2014 12:32am
derekredwards

had car checked diagnostics found nothing & no codes however problem hasn't re-occurred ... Fingers crossed

my2017 SE Tech Santorini Black
08-12-2014 10:34am