New Dynamic Order but what tires
iwf

RE: New Dynamic Order but what tires

Even more reason to talk to the salesman
20-08-2014 08:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redrob

(20-08-2014 08:26am)TWS Wrote:  Not necessarily, I took delivery of a MY15 Dynamic with standard 20s 3 weeks ago and it was fitted with Pirelli Scorpion Verde, which is exactly what I wanted.

I'll second that, my MY15 Dynamic lux picked up 4 weeks ago, came with 20" Scorpions.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
20-08-2014 11:47pm
iwf

Spoke with the dealer just now. He will confirm, but as far he knows it's the Pirelli Scorpion that's supplied in the UK.

Good news for me.
21-08-2014 11:28am
ceebee

I'll third that. 20" Scorpions on my 3 week old Dynamic lux also! (Which now have 2000 miles on them.........)

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 21-08-2014 07:22pm by ceebee.)
21-08-2014 07:21pm
iwf

Thanks again for all the replies.

However I've realised the even the Scorpions aren't really a winter tire, for use in the alps.

I guess I'm going to have to think another set of rims and tires. A winter tire for the 20" on the Evoque looks like £320 each. Maybe a winter tire on an 18 rim would be cheaper?

More research !
21-08-2014 09:09pm
Stadt Panzer

My winter tyres are fitted to 19" rims.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
21-08-2014 09:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

So are mine! Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow for the winter on 19" Style 3's I think they are.

IWF, often you can pick up complete sets of Evoque rims and tyres on a well known auction website also often dealers have some from folks who spec a different wheel from standard and just leave the unused set of wheels and tyres at the dealers, so you have two options. Your new car will have to have tyre pressure monitoring as standard so remember you also need to buy 4 sensors too and they are not cheap

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-08-2014 05:14pm
iwf

Many thanks for all the info. Lots of stuff to eras each, but given my dynamic doesn't arrive for a couple of months, plenty to keep me occupied.

I guess I just search for 19" rims and tires or do I need to specify Evoque? It's 10 years since I actually owned my own car, and though I used service my cars 20 years ago a lot has changed. I had an A6 for 4 years, never went under bonnet except to add washer liquid.

Again thanks
23-08-2014 05:47pm
X4

Just checked on Topix and my new baby which was built on Tuesday 19th has 20" black rims fitted with Michelin Tyres. Sounds like there is no standard tyre just luck of the draw - I would have preferred the Scorpion's for the winter in the North East of Scotland.

MY15 Dynamic, Fuji White, Black Design Pack, Pano Roof, Power Tailgate, Ebony Leather, Ebony Headlining, Strata Black Trim, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Headlights, F & R Mudflaps, Silver Selector, Pedal Footrest
24-08-2014 11:53am