Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Disco Sport
J77

RE: New Disco Sport

My builds been brought forward from 13th March to the 20th February.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 31-01-2015 12:53pm by J77.)
31-01-2015 12:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nantmoel

I'm in the process of possibly changing my Evoque Dynamic 2013 12,200 mile) for a DS, not to happy with the part ex I have been offered at my local stealer! I have been to a launch event and then driven both the manual and the auto. My choice would have to be the auto. Was peeves me off is that the stealers are not only happy in making money on the new car but also wants to make a lot on the part-ex as well. I'll try and sell my car private first and see what discount i can get on a HSE Lux auto. DS was a lot quieter than my Evoque as far a cabin noise is concerned, the new 9 speed gearbox was smooth and with the added stop start it should be better on fuel.

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
31-01-2015 03:43pm
Crabacle

Was at Coniston Hall this morning - so wandered down to the Landrover Experience where they had a pre-prod DS. They had nothing but praise for it.
Then went off to Farnells to drop off some papers ready for March. They had a brand spanking prod DS I the showroom where it was the complete centre of attention. Had a chance again to have a really good look around.
Ticks every box - really looking forwards to trading up from the Evoque.
31-01-2015 04:54pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kojak

I hope you enjoy it Crabacle.
I thought the normal rear seat was a nicer place to be than the Evoque rear seat.
But other than that, as I don't need the extra space or +2 seats there was nothing that caught my imagination.
A nice car all in all though and a goal well achieved by LR crossing the freelander with the Evoque.

I'm in for another Evoque!

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
01-02-2015 09:28am
sorcerer

The new Discovery is a great car and certainly has a lot more legroom in the rear than the Evoque, as has already been mentioned.
I'm not sure I would call the Discovery a trade up from the Evoque though.
I like small details on the Evoque, like contrast stitching on the seats and dash. I didn't see that in the Disco.
Nice car, don't get me wrong, but the Evoque is still better looking.
02-02-2015 08:13pm
Chrisr1806

I disagree with you there, I think the rear of the Evoque is ugly. Still don't like the squashed shape!

DS has some nice features of the Evouque but a better looking rear end.

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
03-02-2015 11:45am
J77

The DS isn't supposed to be as fancy as the Evoque.

I enjoyed my time with the Evoque but I don't think I would ever take another.

03-02-2015 04:18pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Just seen two of them today, one on the road. I was approaching a roundabout in Stirling and saw coming toward me what I thought was a Scotia Grey Evoque but as it went round the roundabout it was a Disco Sport. Then while I was in the local dealership booking my car in for it's first service they had a Kaikura Stone one on the showroom floor. They also had Loire Blue Evoque Autobiography on the floor which looked very high alongside the DS!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
06-03-2015 02:30pm
J77

At least someone was lucky enough to get theirs, my one should've been built on the 20th, pushed back to the 27th Feb. I haven't heard if it has been built yet, I'm expecting a call soon to say it's arrived, but that's a fading hope. It's like ordering the Evoque all over again, never ending delays.

The DS does look small, it's narrower than the Fl2, but the space and packaging of the interior is impressive, though I think the sloping roofline and lack of 5 seat option is mistake. A squared of rear would've made it more Discovery like.

I'm looking forward to it, I've waited since May. I can see this being the last for the foreseeable future, the pricing is heading in the wrong direction.

06-03-2015 04:45pm
Stadt Panzer

Well had the first chance to have a look at the new DS today, my local stealer had one in, a HSE model and to be honest it looks ok-ish from the outside but the interior is not as impressive as the Evoque. The DS is no-way a trade up, far to much plastic but there again it's not meant to be.
Nothing against Freelander owners and future DS owners but please don't compare the Freelander/DS against the Evoque. Different cars for different folks..

Somewhere in the North Sea.
10-03-2015 08:54pm