Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Disco Sport
THEMACS

New Disco Sport

I have saw two in as many days on the road, didn't think they were out yet, one today in Warrington on a 14 plate, looked fabulous and makes the Evoque look very dated!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
21-09-2014 10:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: New Disco Sport

Launch is in January, but they could have been press cars

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-09-2014 10:43pm
THEMACS

Hi Tim

I thought it was a bit early, looked very much like a new RRS from the back but a little smaller, looked very nice in Firenze. Looked like the finished article though! It was going quite slowly past as I was walking so got a very good look at it, very nice bit of kit!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
21-09-2014 10:50pm
MrNoo

Land Rover had 2 on their stand at the Southampton Boat Show. Both unlocked and available for the public to sit in but obviously not drive.

Arrived - SD4 Prestige, 5 door, manual in Orkney Grey with Element interior. Style 4 wheels, spare wheel & auto-dimming rear view mirror.
Joining MX-5 2.0i convertible.
22-09-2014 05:33pm
The Valeter

I sat in a Barollo Black Pre Production DS in Bluewater Shopping Centre on Saturday Night. Must admit I am thinking of buying a run out Freelander Metropolis in Black with Ivory interior!! They seem good value, just worried about the possibility of massive depreciation.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
23-09-2014 09:25am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

whats it like to sit in?

I've yet to see one in the flesh, there should be one in the Buchanan Galleries shopping centre Glasgow 24th-26th october.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
25-09-2014 09:05pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

If it's anything like any of the other cars that go into the Buchanan Galleries it will be firmly locked J. Just cannae trust they wee neds frae Glesga not to swipe anything from the inside

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 09:12pm by XFullFatTim.)
25-09-2014 09:12pm
J77

True

Im supposed to get a 1 hour test drive in December. Im 10th in my dealers que, but don't get my car until March, even though the cars officially on sale in January.

It's a world apart from the Evoque buying experience, I get the feeling this is just another car to Land Rover. This is the 25th anniversary of an an iconic model in the LR range, and the birth of a new family of cars, they don't seem too interested.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
25-09-2014 09:25pm
xxxx5

Parked next to one at the services in the M6, the engineer was happy for me to have a nosy round it. Nice car, but unless JLR improve the build quality I won't be returning. I am sure they will sell well just like RRE.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
26-09-2014 08:39pm
muff

New Disco Sport

Seems they are trying to convince consumers that we buyers absolutely must have their product and we don't have minds of our own - just like BMW's 'ultimate driving machine' bullshit. If my local Land Rover dealer tries to tell me I can have a restricted test drive slot in a que then it's time to call time on LR ownership. I like my evoque and RRS before it and i'm seriously considering the new RRS and 'discovery sport' for SWMBO - but there is equally good cars out there from sensible manufacturers to satisfy most of our needs
27-09-2014 11:41pm