Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Center Console Treatement
HotLap

All, I was tired of looking at the acres of cheap gray plastic on the center console and decided to take action! I ordered the B&I Piano Black Dash Kit and covered the center console with it. Cuts were precise and the finish pretty much exactly matches the OEM sliding console door cover, door handle and window switch covers. Huge improvement (IMO)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
07-05-2015 09:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HotLap

RE: New Center Console Treatement

Obviously no one here's impressed, but I like it Smile Added 35 rwhp!! Smile

07-05-2015 11:58pm
redrovor

nice looks awesome!
08-05-2015 02:58am
scottlw

Looks great
08-05-2015 08:47am
AAA86

Looks great actually! Just wondering how did the installation went?
08-05-2015 01:30pm
bangsters

Thanks for posting it. Looks good. Do you have other pics where the buttons are zoomed in, wana see how thick it is and how the buttons look recessed.

Thanks!!

2014 Ipanema Sand Pure Plus. Mods to follow....
Images hosted on PixelsBin
08-05-2015 05:53pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HotLap

(08-05-2015 05:53pm)bangsters Wrote:  Thanks for posting it. Looks good. Do you have other pics where the buttons are zoomed in, wana see how thick it is and how the buttons look recessed.

Thanks!!

I'll see if I can get a close up posted this weekend, looks good though, the recess isn't really that noticeable.

(08-05-2015 01:30pm)AAA86 Wrote:  Looks great actually! Just wondering how did the installation went?

Thanks, the installation was very straightforward. Working with the kit when it's warm is the way to go, more flexible and I started in the middle At the Terrain Selection Buttons area, then worked down to the console bin area then last up to the HVAC controls, etc area. Trick is to only peel the backing of the area you are applying then peel back further as you apply...hope that makes sense. Also, have a hair dryer on hand to keep the piece flexible and it basically just lays flat.

(This post was last modified: 09-05-2015 05:02pm by HotLap.)
09-05-2015 04:59pm
Kojak

To be honest Hot Lap..
I'm finding it hard to see a significant difference from those to photos.
I'd like to see more.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
10-05-2015 11:54am
Clip

looks much better IMHO. The original looks cheap and nasty, and I was surprised given the rest of the trim quality.
Can I ask you where you got it and cost? Did you have to buy the whole kit? (one's I've seen have heaps of bits that I would not use).
10-05-2015 01:38pm
HotLap

(10-05-2015 11:54am)Kojak Wrote:  To be honest Hot Lap..
I'm finding it hard to see a significant difference from those to photos.
I'd like to see more.

Kojack, you are right the pics (once I had the downsized to post them) are not that clear. There is a significant difference though in person, just think of the same finish as the door handle and window switch bevels (Piano Gloss Black) and then look at the flat, dull gray finish of the center console. Hope that helps!

(10-05-2015 01:38pm)Clip Wrote:  looks much better IMHO. The original looks cheap and nasty, and I was surprised given the rest of the trim quality.
Can I ask you where you got it and cost? Did you have to buy the whole kit? (one's I've seen have heaps of bits that I would not use).

Clip, sure, it is the B&I dash kit in Piano Black (#WD1053A-BLACK (CO) B&I Interior Product). I've had good luck with the B&I dash kits over the years as they are quality and that's what you want, exact fit, quality materials, etc. I ordered the kit through "WoodDash.com" and it was $281.40 for the large kit.

Unfortunately, to get the console cover you must buy the "large Kit" and will definitely end up with lots of spare pieces. I only used the console and a couple of the small AC vent pieces where RR left cheap gray plastic between the AC registers. I'm not a fan of "overdoing" things and the console/AC vent treatment is just the right amount for me. Good Luck!

(This post was last modified: 11-05-2015 05:46pm by HotLap.)
11-05-2015 05:31pm