Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dead battery after 10 days
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Dead battery after 10 days

That Battery Monitor is what seems to cause a lot of the problems after a "flat" battery event.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-09-2012 05:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulcon

Family all packed up and ready for a visit to a sunny ('ish) Welsh beach, hit start button and I get hit by 'dash like Christmas lights' and a click where the sound of a starter motor should be being heard.

Knew there was something wrong when I lost PAS on start-up yesterday.

First experience of LRA in next hour. Unhappy owner, unhappy wife and kid.

Come on Land Rover Assistance impress me, otherwise we should have taken the more reliable Fiesta which is frankly embarrassing

Black 'n Black SD4 Dynamic Lux 5-door with privacy.
29-09-2012 09:43am
RacingSnake

ah man Sad
I know you're about to head off for a visit out, but I would be very interested to hear what LRA say to you, as there was a big insistance that they haven't heard of any battery issues on the cars.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-09-2012 09:44am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulcon

LRA charged the battery ran all the tests and blamed too many short journeys

Black 'n Black SD4 Dynamic Lux 5-door with privacy.
29-09-2012 11:27am
RacingSnake

hmmm. ok have a nice trip!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
29-09-2012 12:06pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(29-09-2012 11:27am)paulcon Wrote:  LRA charged the battery ran all the tests and blamed too many short journeys

This sounds like a load of BS from LR. How many cars costing a third the price of the Evoque do you see stranded with charging/flat battery issues just because they are used to pop to the shops or other short runs.

Mine does not get short runs, our nearest shop is 13 miles away on fastish country roads yet my so called 'smart alternator' failed to keep the battery charged. The phrase 'not fit for purpose' springs to mind.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
30-09-2012 12:05pm
cousin.it

(24-09-2012 05:18pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  The only electrical issue I have had is due to leaving the car unlocked in the garage where the keyless entry was still 'speaking' to the remote fob and no usage for 24 hours caused the battery to drain.
I haven't had any issues with leaving the car locked or unlock yet. However, my dealer specifically told me to make sure the FOBs were far enough away from the car that they don't continue to communicate with the car and keep it in a higher power mode where it thinks you're going to access the car. They've seen batteries drain because people leave their FOBs on hooks right next to their garages. I keep my FOBs further away from the garage than I probably need to and was planning on getting a small metal tin to put them in so they would be in a more convenient location.
01-10-2012 03:21am