Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nasty Surprise
ayox

Nasty Surprise

(02-11-2015 09:48am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Also bear in mind that dealers don't want any cars at the moment as they have loads and loads of undelivered new ones that are clogging up their storage yards because LR has stopped them delivering due to tachnical issues with Evoques, Discosports and RRS2 software ............. Also we are only a month after a plate change, dealers have more used cars than they know what to do with, taken in as part exchanges. If we get 3 flakes of snow in the next month dealers will be screaming out for 4WD capable vehicles and charging a premium for them (whether they will be paying a premium to get them though is a different matter!)

Sorry to hijack the thread but you mentioned that LR have told dealers to stop delivery on evoque a at the moment. I'm currently waiting for a delivery date on mine, my latest update was on Friday and said "due at dealership early November". Will this effect me, when do you reckon it will be available?
02-11-2015 06:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Nasty Surprise

I don't know what spec your car is but dealers are having to carry out additional QA and Software upgrades when they receive the cars due to issues at the factory. Dealers have to wait for LR to give the all clear to release cars for deliveries once they are certain that all the software issues have been carried out satisfactorily. I know of someone who has a DiscoSport that has been waiting at his dealership to get the OK to deliver for 5 weeks (his dealership was able to give him a loaner car that was exactly the same spec as his order in the meantime) ................. RRS Autobiography has a hold on all deliveries until their AHBA software is sorted out by the factory as all Autobiographies delivered since July have been found not to have the software put in on the production line......... Evoque and DiscoSport have holds due to Ingenium Engine issues, but again it only affects certain models and not all.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 12:17pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-11-2015 12:15pm
PhilSkill

To my knowledge for the Evoque (and is not verified), the Engine wiring loom positioning has to be verified before releasing as there's a chance of rub through over time, if there is an issue they need a bracket fitted, These brackets are in short supply.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2015 04:55pm by PhilSkill.)
03-11-2015 03:35pm
J77

My dealer paid top whack for my DS now they can't shift it.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
03-11-2015 03:40pm
muff

Nasty Surprise

I paid £30k for my Pure TD4 in Nov 2012 and sold it a couple of weeks back to webuyanycar for £22k. £2.666 depreciation per annum. [emoji41]
03-11-2015 10:26pm