Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Nanolex washcoat
eddkawasaki

Nanolex washcoat

I know that the g-tecniq products have proven really popular with members on here. I have decided to go with nanolex for my new car if it ever arrives, purely because my local detailer is a stockist so i can always pop down the road and get anything i run out of.

What got my detailing juices flowing the most though was project washcoat ,It looks like nanolex may just have found the holy grail of winter protection methods. Protection in under 5 minutes? No buffing? No rubbing? Apply it in the rain? All no problem it seems. The product is still in testing at the moment but they are hopefully going to release it this winter. If this works as planned then it could be a game changer.

Watch the video it looks like a pretty impressive product.

I have no affiliation with the company at all by the way.

P.S. If anyone sees a transporter with a firenze dynamic on the back looking kind of lost, point him in the direction of Aberdeen will ya? My dealer told me my car was on a transporter on Tuesday but it has still not made it to Aberdeen yet!Sad

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel
Order Date: 14th May 2012
Build date: approx 5th Oct 2012
Delivery Date: Should be 22nd Oct
Actual delivery: 31st Oct

[Image: 151436.png]
27-10-2012 07:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Booty

RE: Nanolex washcoat

Looks good. Would save aching shoulders lol!
27-10-2012 04:02pm
doug

Looks to good to be true. But Nanolex due make some very good paint,wheel & glass cleaners & sealants. Which lasts 6 months for there cheaper range, right up to 12 months + for there pro range. So how long will this wash coat sealant last ?

But the same rules still apply, as fair as cleaning & polishing the paint before any wax/sealant treatment to carried out.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
27-10-2012 05:14pm
eddkawasaki

(27-10-2012 05:14pm)doug Wrote:  Looks to good to be true. But Nanolex due make some very good paint,wheel & glass cleaners & sealants. Which lasts 6 months for there cheaper range, right up to 12 months + for there pro range. So how long will this wash coat sealant last ?

But the same rules still apply, as fair as cleaning & polishing the paint before any wax/sealant treatment to carried out.

I think they were looking for 3 months for a single treatment. They have a thread about it on detailing world. Read here for updates from nanolex. Your right about cleaning and polishing but I would assume this product would mean that you could do all that in the summer/autumn and use this to top up after a wash.

SD4 Dynamic Lux, 5 Door, Firenze Red, Ebony Interior, Black headlining, Black Contrast Panoramic Roof, Aeroflip Spoiler, Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel, Adaptive Xenons, TPMS & Spare wheel

27-10-2012 07:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Might be something worth considering as a pre-winter treatment each year if the price were reasonable though - for those into buffing their pride and joy in the good weather but less inclined to in the snowy salty weather

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
27-10-2012 08:17pm
Craig_d1

http://www.monzacarcare.com/nanolex-1/

Looked them up. Above is one of 3 places you can buy their stuff, so gives you an idea on pricing

http://www.nanolex.de/en/order .link on left shows you the other places you can buy t and a few clips on product. Must admit looks ok. No idea on comparable costs though
27-10-2012 10:49pm
PhilSkill

Still need to get the car clean first, and wonder what the durability would be, but if you top up each wash, guess its not much of an issue, Not sure it would not be a patch on gTechniq C1, but I like the idea you could easily coat this into wheel arches and underneath for the winter though...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-10-2012 11:08pm
eddkawasaki

My car was supposed to be getting detailed and nanolexed tomorrow but as its not arrived yet we are trying to reschedule. I'll try to get some decent before and after photos to post.

Fingers crossed for some good news tomorrow.

28-10-2012 09:43am
tash

Gents I have tried lots of expensive products over the years and do like the Gtechniq products.

I buy demon shine solution in a 500ml bottle from Asda for £2 mix in a watering can and spread over the car every fortnight, with polishes in spring, summer and autumn, had car since new and paintwork is in excellent condition, even the diamond cut merc wheels look good with not a sign of corrosion which is known weakness.

May not last as long as nanolex but for £2 it's well worth it

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2012 10:43am by tash.)
18-11-2012 10:42am
doug

Just pre ordered my 1L bottle Very Happy
The product is due to be released next week. £15.99 200ml, £39.99 1L. It's not for my RRE, but my van. It's to cold & damp to seal/wax it this time of year. So this spray,rinse & go sealant will be ideal.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
30-11-2012 11:36pm