Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
October Delivery SD4 Dynamic for Sale
mark_n

RE: October Delivery SD4 Dynamic for Sale

Still makes the assumption the dealer is willing to play ball and that will depend on his relationship with the dealer. I haven't read the small print on my contract but in general, it will not be assignable and the deposit will not be refundable once the order is frozen or maybe earlier. All designed to stop speculators and time-wasters.

If I was a dealer and the customer wanted to walk, the last thing I would do would be to allow my limited allocation to be sold to someone at the other end of the country. Instead, I would want to keep the deposit to compensate me for being messed around and be able to offer the car to a favoured existing customer who, for whatever reason, is waiting longer than they would like for a car.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
11-08-2011 04:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Japseroony

FFS get off the blokes case, lots of folk sell on a deposit for a profit and it aint profiteering either - its just good business acumen and common sense!!

Take a look at folk ordering Lambos, Ferraris and Astons etc and you will see there is a waiting list and folk pay a premium for one immdiately etc, its the same with watches such as Rolex and other expensive makes, so give the bloke a rest and stop hi-jacking his thread!!

As for the dealer playing ball, well thats an issue between him and his dealer.
11-08-2011 10:55am
x5pea

been confirmed from the dealer he will refund my deposit so ill get my £1k back Laughing Having said that I might hold off on a new car for myself until the winter when prices drop on the models I'm looking at, so may well still get the RRE and possibly try to pass it on in October.

Re the experts comments, I also asked my LR dealer 4 weeks ago that if i decided to allow someone else to take my slot would that be ok and they confirmed they would be happy to take the remaining £38,999 from them.

As for profiteering, get real I'm a business man if theres a buck to be made ill give it a shot.
(11-08-2011 04:48am)mark_n Wrote:  Instead, I would want to keep the deposit to compensate me for being messed around

Au contre keyboard warrior, it was me who was messed around hence my displeasure and offering the car to someone else.
(This post was last modified: 14-08-2011 10:27pm by x5pea.)
14-08-2011 10:20pm
Wackyjim

Currently have a FFRR 4.4 TDV8 which I am keeping...now waiting for Dynamic Evoque in Fuji white with a couple of extras!!!!....wife thinks its for her and so does my secretary LaughingLaughing
15-08-2011 08:19am