Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My wait is finally over!
AandM1228

My wait is finally over!

Just picked it up this afternoon. First impressions, I LOVE IT! Scary thing did happen on the way home however, driving down the A14 just outside of Bury cruising along about 75mph and the passenger door comes open and all the lights inside the car come on! At first I thought my son had accidentally lowered the window then I realized all the lights inside were on.... I looked down at the center display and realized the door ajar symbol was on. I pulled over ASAP and closed it but it definitely threw me for a sec. The only thing I can think is when my husband got out he didn't shut the door all the way? But the interior lights were out so?? Maybe it just wasn't latched all the way? It does seem like I have to slam the doors to get them properly shut but I will definitely be keeping a very close eye on them from now on. Also will be pulling out the manual to figure out how to dim the interior lights for night time driving. I thought the dealer had set it to auto but the center screen was REALLY bright.

[Image: yhydyve6.jpg]
[Image: seheny9e.jpg]
[Image: ehama3y4.jpg]
[Image: 6a3egy3a.jpg]
[Image: he8azy4y.jpg]

Ordered 23 May 2012, Delivered 26 October 2012
2013 5 door Fuji White, Pure w/Premium and Climate Packages
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2012 10:21pm by AandM1228.)
26-10-2012 10:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

RE: My wait is finally over!

Congrats
26-10-2012 10:42pm
EpicEvo

My wait is finally over!

Left hand drive with a UK plate?
27-10-2012 12:19am
Michelle

Congratulations! I really envy you. It's been almost 8 months for me and still no news of a delivery Crying

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2012 10:20am by Michelle.)
27-10-2012 06:35am
AandM1228

@ Craig - Thanks!

@ EpicEvo - yeah, I'm exporting it to the US next summer

@ Michelle - Thanks! 7 months? Wow!! I probably would have lost my mind for sure lol. The last couple of months have been so LONG! Hope yours arrives soonSmile
27-10-2012 07:09am
Bowl

Congrats. Looks really nice. Mine is Fuji white too Smile

There's a thumb wheel next to the tailgate opening button on the left side of the steering column that is used to adjust the brightness of the interior night lighting (except the dome lights). Hope this helps.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
27-10-2012 09:19am
scalle

RRE TD4 Prestige 4WD AUT, santorini black, element interior, tech pack, cold climate pack, pano roof, privacy glass, brushed alu, auto high beam assist, airco vents rear, auto dim mirror, camera, home link, 20" style 7, 18" spare, debugged, roof rails,replaced side vents, grille in glossy black and center cap wheels with RR, black lettering
Also stunning Fiat 500 Cabrio GUCCI edition, black/gold metallic, and red Fiat Panda 1992 selecta (var. transmission).
27-10-2012 10:33am
AandM1228

Thanks!

Bowl, thanks! Found the switch I probably wouldn't have found it unless I actually did read the manual. I'm used to the switch being up in the speedometer or tach area.

Ordered 23 May 2012, Delivered 26 October 2012
2013 5 door Fuji White, Pure w/Premium and Climate Packages
27-10-2012 11:01am
Bowl

(27-10-2012 11:01am)AandM1228 Wrote:  Thanks!

Bowl, thanks! Found the switch I probably wouldn't have found it unless I actually did read the manual. I'm used to the switch being up in the speedometer or tach area.

No problem. To own an Evoque, you just have to think unconventionally. Laughing

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
27-10-2012 03:01pm
xxxx5

Am i missing something here. Car looks non UK spec, (front indicator lights not clear), left hand drive, in a volvo garage?

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
27-10-2012 04:14pm