Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My open questions
vision*R

My open questions

I'm still having some questions that I wasn't able to solve by looking at all the pictures and reading all the articles... Most of them are really futile but still it would be great if anyone knew the answers.

- Where's the key? It looks like all the pre-production models have keyless entry. I see something that looks like a key hole in some pictures (between the steering wheel and the center screen) but it looks so tucked away that I wonder if it's easy to use.

- What are "diamond turned" wheels? The Prestige versions has this finish. Are they matte, or is there another difference with normal silver wheels?

- I'm wondering why there are so many different satnav buttons. In different pictures there are different buttons (in the same spot). This has probably to do with parallel park availability?

- I had been wondering for a long time whether the TFT display between the clocks would display satnav instructions. I've read it does that. Yay.

- Where are the USB ports? I thought they would be in the central box, but based on this picture they are probably under the arm rest, which I think is less practical:

[Image: optoly_be_l538_a-acs.jpg]

Here's a picture of an open central box by the way, I never saw it open before:

[Image: Zqj28H2yUlIVl7rH.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2011 09:03am by vision*R.)
11-03-2011 09:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LP

RE: My open questions

I was told at the London Boat Show that all models will not require the key to be in the ignition for the vehicle to start. Am sure I read this somewhere too. Seems different to keyless entry which is a cost option.
11-03-2011 09:46am
vision*R

Great, thanks. My current car has both functionalities, so I thought they were linked.
Not having to insert a key is the best part. Keyless entry is sometimes a disadvantage as well so I'm happy to leave it out.
11-03-2011 09:53am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(11-03-2011 09:53am)vision*R Wrote:  Great, thanks. My current car has both functionalities, so I thought they were linked.
Not having to insert a key is the best part. Keyless entry is sometimes a disadvantage as well so I'm happy to leave it out.

Keyless entry is on the spec list, BUT there is now a big scam going with transponder readers for them. The big button where the key should be is the stop start button. I have this system on my Range Rover Vogue, not keyless entry but keyless starting - ie I still have to remotely unlock and lock using the fob when I walk up to it but don't need a key to start it) The system on my RR cannot be hacked so easily as keyless entry as I have to physically press a button to send the signal. Keyless is always transmitting even if you are a long way from the car which is what makes capturing the signals easy.

The USB ports and iphone connector for my Vogue FFRR are in the box under the centre cubby box lid, not in the sliding lid which is the cupholders.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2011 11:19am by XFullFatTim.)
11-03-2011 11:15am
vision*R

The button you are talking about is at the top, near the air vents. I meant the black button more towards the bottom, really close to the steering wheel (it's visible in my second picture).

Any idea what that is?
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2011 11:19am by vision*R.)
11-03-2011 11:18am
XFullFatTim

(11-03-2011 11:18am)vision*R Wrote:  The button you are talking about is at the top, near the air vents. I meant the black button more towards the bottom, really close to the steering wheel (it's visible in my second picture).

Any idea what that is?

Dash lighting dimmer?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-03-2011 12:17pm
XFullFatTim

Vision, I've just used my Mac's Zoom feature on the dash picture on here
http://media.helloevoque.com/ImagesIndex...xPage.html
in the Prestige dash pic it looks like that odd dark patch could be a small vent aimed at the drivers hands - RRS has one similar on the steering column cowling aimed at the drivers crotch and legs Shocked
Also the switches round the screen are for the Front/Rear parking senors, dual view screen, and generally for the switches that on Freelander2 and RRS/Disco 3 are scattered across the dash, LR has tidied them up a bit.

11-03-2011 03:04pm
vision*R

An air vent for the hands and / or crotch. Stunning!

Still the buttons seem to change. Compare this:

[Image: EVOQUE_PRESTIGE_INT_36_LR.jpg]

to this:

[Image: 22rangeroverevoqueparis.jpg]

But that's probably just with/without parallel park and dual screen then. The on/off button is simply a different icon for the same thing?

One more question: would the Evoque hard disk system play Video DVD's or just cd's with audio?
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2011 03:32pm by vision*R.)
11-03-2011 03:19pm
XFullFatTim

Lower photo is the "basic" nav from the Pure, with the fake leather plastic dash trim

11-03-2011 08:40pm
Fox

(11-03-2011 08:40pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Lower photo is the "basic" nav from the Pure, with the fake leather plastic dash trim
That bottom one with the fake leather looks a bit nasty. Shocked

Current: '97 Camel Trophy Defender, Skoda Yeti, Skoda VRS, Morris Minor.
Previous: 08 RR Vogue SE, 06 Vogue, 07 Defender, 05 Defender and so on.....
14-03-2011 04:00pm