Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My "new" car
pmcs

My "new" car

Really my wife's daily driver, but I get to use it on weekend, etc. It's a long story, but she had her heart set on a Fiat 500x for months. She was really particular about styling, so we were waiting for her car to be built. I pushed for an Evoque for months, but she would not budge. She didn't want the Evoque because its sunroof does not open. Long story a bit shorter, Fiat was terrible in giving updates and when they told her the car had arrived, she was excited. Two days later they tell her they made a mistake, the car is not here, and it would probably be another 4-6 weeks. She was upset, so I looked on the local Land Rover website. I set up an appointment to drive and Evoque and she begrudgingly went. She "liked" the Evoque.

Anyway, proud new owner of a 2013 Orkney Grey Evoque with 23k miles on it. It's a pure plus model. Originally I was impressed with how clean it was inside and out. However, we were not fans of the huge 20" wheels on it. This was based only on the pictures from the website. I even told the guy on the phone that we would probably want them replaced with stock wheels. Once we saw it in person we both realized the 20" shadow chrome wheels just worked with it. Moral of the story, her Fiat finally arrived three weeks after we got the Evoque. I let her know and asked if she regrets not waiting. She didn't bat an eyelash. She "loves" her new Evoque and can't even imagine herself in the Fiat.

14-05-2016 04:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply