Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new Pure SD4 auto
Craig_d1

My new Pure SD4 auto

Hi everyone. Just though I post a pic of my new car(though struggling to upload photo at mo). Have to admit am very lucky as it was a cancelled order from someone else. Saw it on Saturday and bought it, and picked it up today, so 3 day turnaround.
Haven't had much chance to play around with it as have only really driven it home from the dealership and then to the station to work and back again.
So far am loving it. I had forgotten what it was like since test driving a few months back. Although you sit more upright that in a saloon etc, because the window sills are high you still feel as if you are in a sporty position. At slower speeds I'm finding the steering is very light(far lighter than my A4 sline I partex'd against it) and easy to manoeuvre, which weights up nicely as you gain speed. There's plenty of get up and go from the engine and gives a nice quiet ride when cruising. It's soaks up the bumps very well and is nice a flat around corners.
The inside is beautifully finished too. Loving everyting about it and the leather is good too. The panoramic sunroof is a must IMHO. It really lightens up the car and gives it an airy feel. I'm still reaching for the electric seat buttons, forgetting that it's manual adjustmentVery Happy but now that I've found my seating position, it's very comfortable and not missing the electrics that much. I'm getting used to not having a rear camera, and the visual display on the screen does help. Guess I'm just using my mirrors more.
So far the only slight gripe if anything is that when I got back to the car in the evening, I thought the main beams weren't that bright. It may be they were pointed too low. I've adjusted them back up to a higher levels but has anyone else noticed this. I've got standard halogens, not xenon's.
Apart from that, I'm beginning to think I may just keep this rather than trade into the dynamic in 6 months or whenever it gets built, and save myself 7k. And although I may wander about the adaptive dynamics, I'm finding the ride very good, so don't think I'm going to really miss them.

(This post was last modified: 23-11-2011 12:36am by Craig_d1.)
23-11-2011 12:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jiggyjaggy

RE: My new Pure SD4 auto

Lovely colour combo mate.

Ps careful some of the doubters on here will believe you managed to get the car in 3 days turnaround! lol. See my post on Immediate delivery Dynamic. Laughing

How are you finding the drive. I was surprised at a test drive how much of a responsive "car" it feels like.

Maritius Blue what a colour - I don't own one but my my what a colour! Cool
23-11-2011 12:47am
Evoqess

Craig, fabulous news! You have a gorgeous car - wouldn't be surprised if you pocket the 7 grand after all! Win win situation Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
23-11-2011 02:41am
mk82

Very nice car! Smile

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
23-11-2011 06:57am
Barneyridge

Looks good. Happy to see a few more Pure's coming through.

After seeing so many lighter color interiors, good to see the ebony.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
23-11-2011 07:38am
Craig_d1

As Alan Partridge would say,'I'm liking this, I'm liking this a lot'.

Ride feels even better today than it did yesterday. Really looking forward to the weekend so I can have a proper play. My 4 yrs old son was upset this morning that I had got rid of the A4, so I dropped him off at primary school this morning and he's now decided that I have to have the Disco and mummy has the new one, so he gets to go in it every morning.
18 inch wheels are growing on me as they have the Pirelli scorpion tyres on them so should be good for the winter, though am still looking at getting some bigger ones maybe as I like the style 6 on them. Other than that, maybe the rear view cam but not missing anything else(though have to check lights again tonight)....it's fantastic to drive, even from cold it's quiet and has plenty of pull.
For all of you still waiting, it is worth it.
23-11-2011 12:45pm
vcruiser

really nice!

Evoque Dynamic Coupe | Black on Black | Fully Loaded
23-11-2011 01:56pm
ED209

Same colour/interior/ wheel combo I have (well i think i have) on order. 3 days you lucky bugger!

Only visual difference to mine will be fogs.
23-11-2011 02:09pm
cobkelly

Nice car Craig, keep enjoying it Very Happy
23-11-2011 05:31pm
LDT

Great car. Obviously right place, right time! Enjoy.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
23-11-2011 05:36pm