RE: My new Ipanema Sand Prestige

Congrats Griff! Looks great.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
12-11-2011 01:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Acwats

Looks great griff.

I swapped from Ipanema shortly after the Ride and drive event. They didn't have any to see in the flesh and the FRed looked great in the sunlight.

I'd be happy with either/both, and will never be certain whether I've done the right thing.

Enjoy

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
12-11-2011 01:24pm
griff

Thanks for the great comments folks.
In the flesh the car does not look anything like beige or sand but a mixture of champagne, silver and very light green depending on the light.

The black roof and black sills with the black surrounds round the light cluster really shows the car off as being sophisticated. I am really glad I switched from the tan seats to ivory. Everyone who has seen it have been really complimentary apart my neighbour who said it looked as if had been squashed by a truck! Mind you I think he was joking. Laughing

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 03:02pm by griff.)
12-11-2011 03:01pm
boxersergio

Congrats!!! Enjoy!!! Sergio
12-11-2011 03:23pm
dandavis1

I guess cars have so many options because everyone has different tastes, but personally, I think it looks awful. I think the colour looks drab and the light interior looks dreadful. And I'm afraid I still hate the sheer amount of plastic all over the skirt of the Pure and Prestige. And those tiny little wheels look odd.
12-11-2011 04:39pm
paulus599

Why sugar coat it, say exactly what you think!
Seriously though, if you don't have anything decent or constructive to say, you should keep comments like that to yourself.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
12-11-2011 05:48pm
griff

(12-11-2011 04:39pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  I guess cars have so many options because everyone has different tastes, but personally, I think it looks awful. I think the colour looks drab and the light interior looks dreadful. And I'm afraid I still hate the sheer amount of plastic all over the skirt of the Pure and Prestige. And those tiny little wheels look odd.
Everyone has a right to their opinion. I've seen it in the flesh and in my opinion you haven't got a clue. Those wheels are standard 19" and I sure would not go offroad in 20's.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
12-11-2011 07:17pm
dandavis1

(12-11-2011 05:48pm)paulus599 Wrote:  Why sugar coat it, say exactly what you think!
Seriously though, if you don't have anything decent or constructive to say, you should keep comments like that to yourself.

If someone posts photos of their car on a public forum then you should be prepared for the public's opinion! I can't see anything in the forum rules that says "Positive comments ony".
12-11-2011 07:25pm
Grah

Goes to show then that taste and good behaviour can never be delivered by "rules".

Great car, particularly that roof. Good call!
12-11-2011 10:59pm
PhilSkill

Nice one Griff! Enjoy!
Glad to see we're all not plumping for the default 20" wheels, variety is the spice of life and practicality has to be bourne in mind too!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-11-2011 12:31am