Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new Ipanema Sand Prestige
paulus599

RE: My new Ipanema Sand Prestige

(12-11-2011 07:25pm)dandavis1 Wrote:  If someone posts photos of their car on a public forum then you should be prepared for the public's opinion! I can't see anything in the forum rules that says "Positive comments ony".

I agree, opinions and advice are what forums are about, but your comments were just nasty and small minded. If you can't see that then you're on the wrong forum - try Pistonheads.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
13-11-2011 12:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

I really am becoming quite taken by this colour!

Each to their own and people have good reason for their bold choices, there are some great combos available, but personally I could myself falling out of love with those quite quickly. Dare I say it, without the contrast roof, it might be seen as a "safe" choice for anyone who might not be sure?

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
13-11-2011 12:44am
griff

I think without the Black contrast roof it would be a bit boring but it is the contrasts that make this colour attractive to me not necessarily the colour itself. Mind you when considering it I thought it would also blend the silver bits and display the design. It certainly turns heads. I nearly ran over a guy the day before yesterday as he stopped halfway across the market square to look at it!

I don't mind if people don't like it. I live by the adage "if you can't say good of some one - don't say it".

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
13-11-2011 09:30am
Evoqess

"Tiny" wheels - did someone say tiny wheels ?!! OMG, I think my 19 " actually look slightly large for the vehicle and the 18's are more than ample! I mean really - I think sometimes we are overcompensating with the bigger alloys to try and beef up our smallish Evoques hey? I don't think anybody's car should be called awful - I wouldn't even say that to the owner of a Pontiac Aztek despite the urgings of my inner voice.

I'm even feeling guilty for once saying the Ipanema Sand reminded me of a dirty white. Now seeing more pics i know I was wrong Griff, your car looks tremendous Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
13-11-2011 09:26pm
Barneyridge

Griff the car looks good. Nice combination mate.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
14-11-2011 11:05am
ant

Nice looking Evoque griff - congratulations.
Interior is stunning too!!!!! heheLaughing
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
14-11-2011 07:56pm
griff

Had to follow someone with your taste ant

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
14-11-2011 08:18pm