Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My new Evoque at Duckworth Land Rover
Irad

RE: My new Evoque at Duckworth Land Rover

(26-06-2012 06:08pm)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  I took the bits off the car, went to my local body shop, agreed a gloss black colour and they were all sprayed to perfection for me to collect the next day. Am finally getting the tailgate strip done next Monday. Again I will take off the part and he reckons its about €30 as it is only a 10 minute job to spray. I am not sure which colour code he used (not Santorini/Sumatra/Narvik) but it was an official colour code on his computer paint mixing machine. His business is a professional sprayer and most of the bodyshops who do the physical car repair where I live send the cars to him to be sprayed (he will do anything from a kitchen fridge through to trucks). I am not getting any "mates rates" and all work is officially invoiced (ie nothing dodgy).

LR would have cost €100's as you are paying LR rates not the bodyshop direct rates; guess you just need to find a good local spray/body shop.

By way of cost comparison, he repaired a cracked front bumper on an ML I had, by filling and local respray and it cost me only €175. Merc said new bumper as it was impossible to repair plus the cost of swapping over all the fog lights, parking sensors etc, minimum €1200. He also completely resprayed the rear bumper of my FL2 (Santorini) when I scrapped it along a post for €150, and again I took it off myself as I was removing the towbar to sell the car).

Now I wonder why our insurance premiums are so high????

Thank you for all this information!

For the grille, I've finally bought it from Dan at Duckworth. He will ship it to me this week to Paris.

For the sidevent, I guess I will do what you say; look for a workshop who can spray it in glossy black.

I will post some pictures once the grill is done.

Ordered: 5-door Prestige Orkney grey - 20' style 6 alloys - Element interior - Black panoramic roof - Expected delivery: June 30, 2012
05-07-2012 04:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply