Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Love Hate List
ajmooseman

My Love Hate List

As mentioned in another post, I now had my evoque since Friday teatime and with anything you've waited for you build up expectations, many of mine have been well and truly meet, others not so and some stuff is boarding on hate, well maybe hate a strong word for most of the stuff but stuff that are just a little frustrating, but dont panic that list is really quite small.
Would be good for other people to post there love hates.

Love
Seats, colour and comfort is fantastic
Soft touch dash is Lush
Screen and Nav console is very easy to use
SYS is also great
Connection for Ipod USB all very well thought about.
Panoramic roof is awesome
Puddle lights, just make me giggle inside
Gear selector
Dash display with colour screen and also the red dials in dynamic mode.

Ok now the hate List or shall we say disappointing list

Hate

Mat's there are absolute joke, not sure if these are the premium ones (if they are dont buy) Far to small very thin, the rear mat's have holes but no hooks, maybe that's a coupe thing.

Seatbelts, i find it a massive strech to reach my seatbelt and I'm 6'1" and sit with the seat a long way back, god knows how the wife will manage( oh i forgot she won;t be driving itVery Happy) Also when you unfaster your seat belt you have to be careful as it fly's back at a 100mph, I can see damage to the A pillar finish at some point if I'm not careful.

Didn't realise the TV tuner was only with the Dual screen, though it came with all HDD NAV, I used to love the fact that finding yourself in a 2 hour traffic jam you could just sit and watch the TV.

Privacy Glass, is not what I expected, the front windows have none, this will be getting changed, not that i want to go about like a pop start but down to the look of the car the whole car is black and then the front windows, spoils the side on view to me.

Strange one this next one

Keyless Go, don't like it,I didn't even realise it came as standard thought it was all part of the Keyless entry, which i thought was pointless, now I wish I'd got it, confused?
Well I'm the worse person in the world for keys, I loose them on a daily basis, but I have 2 different sets of factory keys, house keys and car keys. I have always just had my car key as a single key so the others aren;t hanging around the steering column.

Now with this keyless go, you walk to your car, unlock it, with said key in hand, climb in...then what your sat down so can;t squish the key back into your pocket, where do you put it, in the cup holders/centre console bit?? Door pocket...where??? keys have home's in lock's, like wise if you can remember to put in back in your pocket before getting in the car, when you want to get out I spend several seconds thinking where the hell is the key, that's after I put my hand down to the right of the steering wheel!
I guess if you had Keyless entry you would just leave it your pocket, but that's still confusing for me.
I guess I'll just have to get used to it, but at the moment I really don't like it.

Reversing Camera, not sure if it should be like this but I can see my bumper, which is fine, but as it's to one side you see more of the off side that the near, just looks a little lopsided on the screen

OK think I'm done, look forward to Love hate list
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 11:19am by ajmooseman.)
13-11-2011 10:01am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Martin
Site Admin & Owner

RE: My Love Hate List

Privacy glass not fitted to the front side windows is a legal requirement...
13-11-2011 10:02am
ajmooseman

(13-11-2011 10:02am)Martin Wrote:  Privacy glass not fitted to the front side windows is a legal requirement...

Depends on the density of it, there is a legal requirement, but legally some level of tint can be added.

For a legal window tint in the UK the specifications are:
a) Motor Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1985
b) The light transmitted through the windscreen must be at least 75%.
c) The front side windows (to either side of the drivers’ head) must allow at least 70% of light to be transmitted through them.

Granted i will be probably be adding something a little darker, but I pretty sure that my front windows are no where near 70% at the moment.
13-11-2011 10:27am
bluebear

Regarding the keyless drive, like you I didn't realise it was standard. With mine there is a little pot under the armrest which looks like you put change in it and I have decided to try to get into the habit of putting them in that.

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
13-11-2011 10:41am
ajmooseman

Just added my hate on the reserving camera, it's a little anal I know but you wouldn't hang a picture in your house on the piss
13-11-2011 11:19am
mark_n

Hmmm, this is a car, not an adult playpen. Strange that not one of your comments relates to the car performing (or not) its intended purpose - getting you from A to B.

And in the spirit of not being all school-masterish, I won't list your spelling mistakes...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-11-2011 01:50pm
vision*R

I think you could have eliminated quite a lot of disappointments by checking out beforehand what you were buying (tv tuner, keyless go, privacy glass). I know my Evoque will have a few annoying things (if I ever get it) but at least I've discovered them already and I'm prepared to accept them.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 02:02pm by vision*R.)
13-11-2011 02:02pm
PAT

(13-11-2011 01:50pm)mark_n Wrote:  Hmmm, this is a car, not an adult playpen. Strange that not one of your comments relates to the car performing (or not) its intended purpose - getting you from A to B.

And in the spirit of not being all school-masterish, I won't list your spelling mistakes...

Really getting tired of reading your numerous flippent comments on this site!

Just as Tekno vanished you take up the mantel for the most nippy person which IMO detracts from what is a great forum.

I made a comment when Charlie left which seemed to confuse the Mods but perhaps it's selective memory as for every ten relevant and informative posts you make, there is one like the above which drags the tone down.

Free speech is great but when one person on this site seems to think they are a law unto themselves then it makes a mockery of what this site was designed for!

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
13-11-2011 02:23pm
mark_n

Sorry you don't like my posts, best ignore them in future.

Well, everybody knows (don't they?) that factory fit privacy glass applies from the B pillar backwards and while you can have a front door retrofit, you may run into trouble. The reason of course is that the bizzies like to be able to see your face when pulling up alongside. It's the same deal as non-standard number plates.

As for the mats, we know the standard mats are feeble but the OP doesn't seem to know whether his are the premium ones or not. If he has a Prestige, they are. If he has a Dynamic, they are not unless he has specified the option.

Where to put the key? Assuming there's some sort of attachment point, I will do the same as I do on my Mercedes, wear it round my neck with one of those neck straps with "Mercedes-Benz" in huge letters just to make sure everyone knows, makes me look like a real prat. If there is no attachment point, I agree it's poor design. The manual picture is not very clear, whats that on the bottom left?

As a petrolhead and keen driver, I'd like to see more comments (such as Diana's great posts) on driving the car, not playing with the toys.

The comment about spelling mistakes was to show I have really taken on board the fact that people do not like me commenting on them and have turned over a new leaf.

No more comments on spelling I promise, except this last one. It's "flippant" not "flippent" Rolling with Laughter Rolling with Laughter

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2011 02:42pm by mark_n.)
13-11-2011 02:41pm
rsk21

My Love Hate List

Hmmmmmm "Just as Tekno vanished"

And hmmmmm again Wink

Come on Mark out with it ........................
13-11-2011 04:46pm