Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Fuji White 5 Door Dynamic SD4
barks

RE: My Fuji White 5 Door Dynamic SD4

Hi Mark, I remember you and your Territory from the Ford Forum - hope you enjoy the Evoque, I've had mine a year now and still love it. I sold my Territory and got a Mazda CX-9 but kids are grown now so didn't need the space - hence the Evoque, welcome to the forum.

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
02-05-2013 02:41am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark^^

Hi barks, nice to see you here as well. As I still have the Territory, I am still on Ford Forums but not much of a contributor now. I hope in the year you have has your Evoque all has gone well? Any tips you have to offer?

I am booked in on the 25th May to do a AWD/4WD driving course with Getabout Training Services, to gain as much information as I can for owning and driving this vehicle. (http://www.getabout.edu.au/product.asp?id=3&pid=5)

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
02-05-2013 09:53am
BA74

Might be a trend! I converted from a Ford as well. Still have my GS but wife now drives. Go on forum every now and then still too. Very happy with Evoque nearly a year on.

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
02-05-2013 12:32pm
barks

Mark, my first year has gone very well, 30,000km under the belt, still loving the car. I've not done much to it other than Magna Flow Exhaust tips & "fly eye" tinting the tail lights - all cosmetic.I purchased the Plasti-Dip kit to do my wheels black but havent got up the courage to try it yet! I've used the terrain response a couple of times but nothing extreme, just mud and puddles etc on building sites! I had a Prado a few years back and did a 4 wheel drive course on a long weekend - not sure if Im game to take the Evoque off road though!

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
06-05-2013 05:00am
Mark^^

sound good barks, I will report back on how my 4x4 course goes, its delivered in a wide range of places across Oz.

06-05-2013 09:42am
Mark^^

Well famous last words about not modifying the car, but just very small chrome bits in the cabin. Initially I went looking for a chrome ring for the tweeter surrounds

So I found this, on eBay and installed today:
[Image: DSC02832_zps832bed05.jpg]

This lead to a bit more shopping for some more chrome surrounds, around CD player, the parking brake and the other side with the hill descent, the terrain response, and the emblem of the car in the centre (still deciding if this will stay)

[Image: DSC02835_zpsef1d838f.jpg]

And a surround for the rear cargo door

[Image: DSC02837_zps4fbd434d.jpg]

Then some metal covers around all four window controllers and metal tread plates for the rears.

[Image: DSC02829_zps72a19fde.jpg]

[Image: DSC02838_zps6dc50c61.jpg]

All installed with my dog's help

[Image: DSC02827_zpsfa74d682.jpg]

[Image: DSC02830_zps23a80480.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 26-05-2013 07:01am by Mark^^.)
26-05-2013 06:16am
BA74

Nice work. Love it all except for the emblem in the middle. Rest looks like its meant to be there.
Looks like your dog likes it too!

Gone - Range Rover Evoque - Si4 Pure - 5 Door Fuji White
26-05-2013 06:32am
Mark^^

If anyone in and arround Canberra is looking for a good detailer, try Ash and Saad at Obsession Car Detailing: http://www.obsessioncardetailing.com

This weekend I had my car with them for a proper detail as well as paint protection and application of Opti-Guard. Ash did a fantastic job and the results are (click here)

I have no association with the guys but love the result on my RRE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2013 01:33am by Mark^^.)
02-09-2013 01:33am