Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual
PhilSkill

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual

Haven't updated this thread in a while, but thought I'd add this for reference, replacing the very annoying key fob rubber cover failure.

Ebay for £4.07 a new keyfob case. Prices vary and comes from China so takes a while!

To remove the circuit board you need to cut the 2 posts carefully, and then heat press the new ones (I used a soldering Iron)

New one is not glossy but otherwise can't tell the difference, the Quality feel is from the Chrome cover that transfers over.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
07-10-2018 09:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Well I haven't Updated this for a Year but it's become my Daily Driver, and having had my 8th Year Service at my local indie now after adding 15000 this year, all is good still Smile , only issue was a worn Rear Anti-Roll Tie Bar, which they only changed as I asked them to check all the joints, and it has cured a slight knock I had over some speed bumps occasionally (although I thought it was from the front).

Fingers crossed for a 9th year of trouble free motoring.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
28-10-2019 01:48pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well done Phil, yours must be one of the oldest cars on the forum

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
29-10-2019 07:53pm
PhilSkill

Thanks Tim, Watch this space I have a new Toy coming soon... Not to replace the Evoque though.

30-10-2019 04:34pm
PhilSkill

New Toy Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

30-12-2019 11:12pm
bigmac3161

My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual

Now that’s tidy v6 or 8 hopefully not the 4 cylinder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 31-12-2019 09:00pm by bigmac3161.)
31-12-2019 08:59pm
ChuckieB

(29-10-2019 07:53pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Well done Phil, yours must be one of the oldest cars on the forum

Quite likely, but nice to know I must be up there at least with those that still remain.

I am back on for a look see given I am just about to hit my 8th completed year in Feb.

MOT due and I am being recommended a service on the Haldex. Took mine out of the dealer network about 18mths ago after the dealer customer service went into negative overdrive. Starting to develop some trust in the local independent and all seems to have worked out ok so far.

I have baulked at the prospect of having a minor leak repaired as it is coming from higher up the engine. We're Keeping an eye and doing clean off every once in a while so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it just looks worse than it is.

None of the keyless touch sensors work these days and given the cost of having cumulatively changed all four lock mechanisms, I think I'll just leave it that way for the foreseeable.

Key fob is in a bit of a state with much tape holding it all together but at least pleased to see I might get a replacement form china. Something to be looked into if can ever be bothered.

Other than that it has all the aches and pains of a car of its age and I do wonder if it will let me down but for a car with only 82k on the clock I would hope not!

Anyway congrats on your new acquisition. Compared to a 2.2 diesel I am sure it will sound lovely!

Happy New Year to one and all!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
02-01-2020 05:19pm
bee

Change my fob case due to rubber failure, purchased a genuine one from the ==bay site. Took 5 minutes to sort.Smile

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
02-01-2020 08:25pm
PhilSkill

Well third Genuine fault in the life of the Evoque, The Parking sensors are not working, I had a long beep when I started the car then the flashing light on the Button. Seems this is a sensor failure normally, trouble is finding which one as I guess it bumpers off to replace them.

Bit of googling then have to buy a sensor and try swapping out each one I guess, unless anyone knows how to find out which one it is before I start dismantling.

guess I can't complain 8 1/2 years in but always happens at the busiest time and in the dark when you need them most.

Oh and sorry to disappoint the Jag lovers but it is the 4 cylinder, P300. There was the intention I could use it everyday in times of need, this maybe one of them as I guess the Bumpers off could strand the Evoque in the garage for a while once I start.

Also I'm not a noisy car enthusiast, ASBO in my mind, things should be as quiet and smooth as possible, although it does still growl!

24-01-2020 09:59am
PhilSkill

Meanwhile, the Evoque keeps running, just had the 9th Service, including timing belt kit / water pump / accessory belt and Rear Pads, done at my local independent.

05-11-2020 05:52pm