Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual
PhilSkill

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual

Hi Doug,

The invoice shows they replaced the DPF Pipe LR080117 for 143.92+VAT, Part no suggests its the sensor, don't know if pipes come with that, as text says replaced DPF Sensor and Pipes.

Mechanic also mentioned it required re-calibration so I think this maybe a B-Spec part mentioned on another thread.

Complete Job £300 all in, given the cost of the part(s), very happy with that.

Phil

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2016 11:55am by PhilSkill.)
14-06-2016 10:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

It could have been worse I so prose Confused
It's still a lot of money for a sensor , I tried looking for a picture of the part number but with no luck. The price you paid seems to be the going cost for the sensor, I dread to think how much a main dealer would have charged you.

Reading up about DPF on the web and some company's have found a way around the MOT rule, that if a vehicle was manufactured with one of these filters it must be in place & in working order to pass a MOT. What this means is the filter must be visually inspected and no warning lights showing on the dash board.
These company's are removing the insides from the box and than reprogramming the softwareCool. Now for £300 you wouldn't bother, but if the complete filter needed to be replaced that can cost a couple of thousand.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
14-06-2016 05:08pm
PhilSkill

Yeah could have been worse, Dealer would have cost 2-3 times more and probably not seen it for 3 weeks,

That's definitely my biggest worry keeping this car long term, at some point the DPF will come up for renewal and as diesel engine's age they get more smokey... you might spend thousands on a new DPF only to block it in no time at all again.

Removing the DPF is interesting if contentious, it may not be good for the environment, but getting rid would undoubtedly improve MPG, if throw out nasty Nitreous Oxide.

Petrol is definitely beginning to look more appealing again, just as they got Diesel drive-ability really nice!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
15-06-2016 12:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I got a warning from the local MOT tester when my Defender went in for MOT last year that the Cat was missing from it............... I asked him to check as in 1996 the Defender was not required to have a cat BUT it was an optional extra selected by the original owner that I had removed when I needed a new one. He contended that as the car left the factory with one fitted then it should still be there. I asked him to check the rules as the car had gone through 7 MOT's with excellent and very low emissions and no comments about the cat not being there and all the electronics have been removed, ports blanked etc. I was given a certificate with an advisory on it regarding the cat being missing. At this year's MOT I used a different garage and queried the advisory to be told " you don't need a cat, even though your car left the factory with one it was not a legal requirement when you car was built and anyway from your car's emissions it wouldn't be doing much anyway, it one of the lowest emitting Defenders we have seen!"
Looking back through my spreadsheets from 2001 to 2006 when the cat was removed I see my average mpg pre-decat was 25-26mpg............ Since I have averaged over 30mpg except for tanks where I have spent all weekend off-road in low ratio. Over 26000 miles and 10 years those 4mpg extra add up to a tidy sum of money!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-06-2016 10:46am by XFullFatTim.)
16-06-2016 10:45am
PhilSkill

Unfortunate incident the other evening, came across a guy doing a 3 point turn on a blind bend Rolling Eyes

Managed to avoid him but hit a drain cover, not doing my tyre any good.

No amount of goo was going to sort this...

Fortunately I was not far from home where my spare wheels were so got a passing colleague to ferry me home.

So been waiting for an opportune moment to change my rear discs and pads, so once safely home used this as that moment as had to swap all the wheels over.

Dead easy job,

(This post was last modified: 06-08-2016 09:15pm by PhilSkill.)
06-08-2016 09:11pm
PhilSkill

Note the new Slider clips are very slightly different, top and bottom, the one with the extra pips fits at the top, cant imagine what difference these make, but made sure these were re-fitted the same as before.

Also found it easier to crack the 15mm Carrier bolts before removing the caliper to avoid damaging it accidentally.

08-08-2016 03:00pm
uchip

(09-09-2015 09:58pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I've made a few more Tailgate closing modules, and one happy customer made a great video of it fitting to his car.

Check it out

And Drop me a Private Message if you are interested in getting a unit for your car.

Discount for Forum Members, easy fitting, full instructions and fitting kit supplied.

Hi! I have interested to Tailgate closing modules! How can I bought this? thanks
Dan

(09-09-2015 09:58pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I've made a few more Tailgate closing modules, and one happy customer made a great video of it fitting to his car.

Check it out

And Drop me a Private Message if you are interested in getting a unit for your car.

Discount for Forum Members, easy fitting, full instructions and fitting kit supplied.

Is the module for My15?
Dan
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 05:47pm by uchip.)
12-08-2016 05:46pm
PhilSkill

Hi Dan

I currently have no stock, I will let you know if I produce some more, I make very little profit on these and will need to buy more components etc before I can build some.

Finally had to replace front wipers on the car, as they had started to split. Was passing Halfords so popped in, Bosch Super Twin AP23U and AP21U. Very good replacements, used Winter Wiper Park mode to replace, seem to work fine although not had any rain yet, noticed the manufacturer ones are Valeo as I removed them.

(This post was last modified: 22-08-2016 05:40pm by PhilSkill.)
22-08-2016 05:33pm
uchip

(22-08-2016 05:33pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Dan

I currently have no stock, I will let you know if I produce some more, I make very little profit on these and will need to buy more components etc before I can build some.

Finally had to replace front wipers on the car, as they had started to split. Was passing Halfords so popped in, Bosch Super Twin AP23U and AP21U. Very good replacements, used Winter Wiper Park mode to replace, seem to work fine although not had any rain yet, noticed the manufacturer ones are Valeo as I removed them.

Hi, thanks for reply. Can you send me your email for message? thanks
Dan

(22-08-2016 06:03pm)uchip Wrote:  Hi, thanks for reply. Can you send me your email for message? thanks
Dan

Hi

I am not able to PM you yet as we haven't been posting long enough. If you happen to see this, would much appreciate it if you can contact us ?

Best regards
(This post was last modified: 22-08-2016 06:04pm by uchip.)
22-08-2016 06:03pm
PhilSkill

Since changing my Rear Pads to Brembo, I notice considerably less Brake Dust build up on the rear wheels, normally the rears would build up worse than the front when LR supplied, now that is completely reversed.

Will definitely be fitting Brembo OEM pads again!

03-10-2016 08:47pm