Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual
PhilSkill

RE: My Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual

I finally installed my new Tailgate closer modification!

Huge thanks to dougrobling and Mark_n whose help made this job understandable and possible, not to mention my brother who finalised the design and built me the circuit as a birthday present Smile

Installation

Enjoy... Cool

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-04-2014 10:48am by PhilSkill.)
13-04-2014 10:42am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

Brilliant, great job!

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-04-2014 11:22am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Now, sell it to Land Rover as my 2014MY STILL cannot close the boot remotely

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-04-2014 12:23pm
Dougrobling

I just received the materials for another batch of remote close modules.
If anybody is interested in acquiring one, just PM or email me and we can get one headed your way.
robling@live.com
13-04-2014 12:38pm
PhilSkill

After a very busy time, finally some time to get out and about...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
05-08-2014 10:06pm
PhilSkill

Was rather pleased to find this at the Car hire pickup point the other day, so managed to get a good feel for the differences of this to my Evoque.

2WD 1.7 Diesel Kia Sportage "2", Retails around £20000, so half the price!

Will do a comparison in due course.

15-09-2014 11:14pm
doug

We had one of these for two weeks in Florida this year, not a bad car. I don't know what size the petrol engine was, but it was soooooo slow.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
16-09-2014 07:03am
PhilSkill

Yes these are not a bad car at all, they are a bit less powered since it's pretty much the same size so sluggish getting going on the motorway, but drives well and easy controls. Pretty quiet although had a small rattle in the back somewhere, as much as people complain about the Quality of the RRE, this showed how much better it was than the plastic Dashes etc of cheaper cars like this though. Obviously wasn't 4WD either, but a generally good car and a as family runabout I can see why this would be a success.

I really missed not having a reversing cam too!

09-10-2014 01:58pm
PhilSkill

So amazing how now 3 and a half years in to my ownership, I learnt something new... Only a silly thing, but today was a change from a sunny day to a torrential downpour, Normally I have the wipers set on Auto-Max, but as it's been dry for a long time I'd turned them off.

So I put the wipers into Auto and as the rain got heavier I decided to put them into ON, normal speed, (2 positions up), But as I was stationery when I did this, the wipers were still acting like intermittent, e.g. they were not wiping continuously, but there was a delay between wipes, I didn't know they have this slower wipe mode when stopped, and if I switched to ON - Fast, then back to ON - normal, it would wipe a few times at normal speed then stop... just had me thinking something was amiss when fortunately the traffic started moving and then the ON - Normal worked as you expect wiping slowly all the time, then when I stopped again they went to delayed wipe...

I just can't believe I've never noticed this in all that time! Guess I usually use Auto mode and expect the delay.

29-04-2015 12:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Learn something new everyday Phill! On Sunday I learned that my RRS has the e-diff that I have so wanted on a car, it isn't mentioned anywhere in the technical literature or the spec sheet but after a few inquiries yesterday it transpires that on 2015MY RRS HSE Dynamics it is standard and works in conjunction with the Torque Vectoring when onroad and in conjunction with the TR programs offroad to give better traction. The give-away was the rear diff icon on the 4x4 info screen kept changing the amount of lock-up it was applying and changed colour to green when fully locked! Must admit that even on 22" onroad tyres we had no problems with grip in either the muddy sections or the snowy sections we drove through while offroad.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 29-04-2015 05:45pm by XFullFatTim.)
29-04-2015 05:44pm