Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
My Evoque Has Gone....But A New Chapter Is Soon To Start!
The Valeter

Well she went today.........I sold it to a trader from Middlesex. He came after lunch & we went to do the bank stuff & it drove off at around 3.15 Sad
I had been happy with the deal the dealer offered but when the sales manager made me an offer I let it go privately.
Dealer offered over the top price at £40,400 & a free swap over to remove my roof rails & fit on the next one.
I sold it for £41K leaving the roof rails on (less hastle) after seeking advice from my dealer who then said they would fit a new set for free then offered to pay 50% of the cost of the rails (as they were saving on some removal labour).
What really clinched it for me to sell privately was the sales manager told me (I knew anyway) that he was paying me more than the market price as he knew how clean etc it was but because he now hadn't got to resell it has said he will give me £1500 off my new car Very Happy Then because I said to him it was easier to trade my car with them on the day I collect my new one he said "Don't worry about that" You can have a car till yours arrives so tomorrow I am off to collect a Freelander HSE for 5 weeks which I am taking to liverpool next week as the sales department is paying for me & the family to go on a factory tour & see our new Evoque being born.
Can't really say anymore to that than I have never in my entire life had such good customer service & most of it was without me even dropping any hints!
Some of it could be that I recomended them to someone who went on to buy a demo Landrover Discovery & another customer who also baught a Discovery who wasn't happy with the way the car was presented they sent me to his house in South London to rectify/pacify the customer who then was very happy.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 10:49pm by The Valeter.)
29-01-2013 06:32pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: My Evoque Has Gone....But A New Chaper Is Soon To Start!

What great customer service. A lot of dealerships can learn a thing or two from this.
Don't forget about us over the next 5 weeks Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
29-01-2013 09:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
enigma

Hi,
Thats really good service, who was your dealer?
29-01-2013 09:39pm
The Valeter

(29-01-2013 09:21pm)doug Wrote:  What great customer service. A lot of dealerships can learn a thing or two from this.
Don't forget about us over the next 5 weeks Very Happy

Don't worry I won't be going anywhere lol.

(29-01-2013 09:39pm)enigma Wrote:  Hi,
Thats really good service, who was your dealer?

Harwoods In Edenbridge.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 29-01-2013 10:51pm by The Valeter.)
29-01-2013 10:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: My Evoque Has Gone....But A New Chapter Is Soon To Start!

I'm confused so the dealer discounted your new Evoque by £1500 because he wasn't going to take your trade in? Surely he would have made a profit on the trade in?

Or am I misunderstanding?

Also that must be the first discounted Evoque? Does that mean LR are finally allowing dealers to discount Evoques?
30-01-2013 01:12am
Jai

Speaking of trade ins a local LR dealer to me offered me $62,000 trade in for mine last week, it's done 5000km and originally cost $92000. That's 30% drop in 3 months Smile niiiice haha
30-01-2013 06:01am
Evo-king

I also read the first post a couple of times and couldn't quite follow what was being said.

In the end I decided that the OP was happy with his choice an in the excitement posted something but failed to explain it clearly.

He's got a good deal and that's all that matters.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-01-2013 09:15am
WB
WB

(30-01-2013 06:01am)Jai Wrote:  Speaking of trade ins a local LR dealer to me offered me $62,000 trade in for mine last week, it's done 5000km and originally cost $92000. That's 30% drop in 3 months Smile niiiice haha

I have no idea what used values are like in Australia but it just goes to show how some dealers think their customers are idiots with more money than sense...
30-01-2013 10:17am
Jai

They also said the trade in value would be no different if another dealer had reprinted 8 of the 11 panels due to factory defects! Clowns!
30-01-2013 11:21am
Wife's car

I have to say that my experience of LR delaers is the same, they believe that they can sell any number of Evoques, without having any customer focus. The boom being experienced at the moment in Evoque sales will not last and they should think to the future.
But they appear to be incapable of thinking further than their profit margin.
30-01-2013 12:25pm