Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My Dynamic has been put back a month!
andyuk

RE: My Dynamic has been put back a month!

I been paying off £500 a week for the last 8 weeks just to help with spreading the costs!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
04-10-2011 08:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

Keep going like that and it will be paid off before it even arrives.Laughing

My delays are all self inflicted.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2011 08:13pm by J77.)
04-10-2011 08:13pm
hybris

My dealer called me today. My order that was November built is now December or January! Xenon light issue he said! I will probably cancel my order and call my BMW dealer and start talking BMW X6 5.0d LCI instead... Or just keep my X5. Not going to accept a delay like that! Sorry LR!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
04-10-2011 08:22pm
swimfanuk

I collected my Evoque this afternoon and the sales manager told me they had only delivery 1 other Evoque and that LR had delayed all other orders by a month and in fact the car I had originally ordered with a build date of January had been suspended until the supply issues had been resolved.

I was also told LR had quarrentined Evoques already at dealerships as they need a software upgrade to the electric seats, I guess this is something they do at the dealership as they said mine had been done.

Hopefully the delays won't be too long, although it is a nice feeling knowing there are no too many around, well that is certainly the case in North Devon Very Happy.

Range Rover Evoque Pure Tech SD4 Coupe, Fuji White with Ebony Leather, 19" Style 3 Alloys and Xenons - arrived 4th October 2011 Very Happy
04-10-2011 08:52pm
richardk

(04-10-2011 08:03pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Crikey Andy why did you have to pay a £5000 deposit?

Richard, did you get your deposit back?

Yes, they refunded it by bacs payment into my account. My order wasn't yet built so it was no grief for them. The LR dealer in Bradford had built manuals available but spec'd with silly price black alloys taking a prestige to 44k. Picked a built one up from bury LR for 38k. They said they had an excess of coupes, which was the opposite of Bradford. They don't communicate as they're rivals ( Farnell and stratstone). I'd phone around as LR are releasing built cars all the time (?pacify those who've been waiting for an eternity).
04-10-2011 10:07pm
Token

I feel bad for those who's orders have been delayed but this who,e experience is all part of being an early adopter. In the case of the Evoque, the marketing team have just been too good!!

My order is due for early November and I am fully expecting to get a phone call announcing a delay...as long as it is before Xmas I will ge ok with it...although I will name and shame my dealer as if there is a dealt they should know by now so should have told me!!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
04-10-2011 11:50pm
andyuk

Token we are the same dealers I think & it was frustrating that I actually had to go in & find out rather than them letting me know. The big thing for me is my end of year accounts is Dec 31st so really want to get the car before this date so I can put the 40k against this years earnings otherwise I have to wait another 12 months before I can start to claim it back!

Dynamic SD4 Manual Red with Black contrast & Panaramic Roof, Vortex Interior, 20" Alloys, Privacy Glass, Black Headlining
04-10-2011 11:59pm
Evoqess

(04-10-2011 08:22pm)hybris Wrote:  My dealer called me today. My order that was November built is now December or January! Xenon light issue he said! I will probably cancel my order and call my BMW dealer and start talking BMW X6 5.0d LCI instead... Or just keep my X5. Not going to accept a delay like that! Sorry LR!

Hybris, an X6!!! It's a hulk of a thing and you are too cool Cool for that! Hang in there if you can. Evoques are worth the wait Smile

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
05-10-2011 04:24am
Token

(04-10-2011 11:59pm)andyuk Wrote:  Token we are the same dealers I think & it was frustrating that I actually had to go in & find out rather than them letting me know. The big thing for me is my end of year accounts is Dec 31st so really want to get the car before this date so I can put the 40k against this years earnings otherwise I have to wait another 12 months before I can start to claim it back!

You're right Andy, we are the same dealer and the fact that you had to go in to find out doesn't surprise me at all sadly. I went in to check at the weekend and the guy I (we) have dealt with wasn't there so I spoke with another chap who was actually really good.

It doesn't seem to matter how many times I contact the guy we have both bought the car off, he doesn't seem to get the fact that I would like regular contact to confirm everything is still on track...not once has he pro-actively contacted me. I want to order accessories like social seating but I want him to call me to make an effort to SELL them to me rather than me just giving him commission.

I'd forgotten that we ordered from the same dealer, so the odds must be that I am going to be delayed...I will probably find out when I turn upmrpto collect the car!! I refuse to chase them any more!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
05-10-2011 06:23am
defender_uk

(04-10-2011 11:50pm)Token Wrote:  I feel bad for those who's orders have been delayed but this who,e experience is all part of being an early adopter. In the case of the Evoque, the marketing team have just been too good!!

Sorry Token....I could not disagree more! This is not part of the 'experience' of being an early adopter. This is a shambles and utter disgrace. This is the fourth 'early adoption' for me from LR...and this is the worst by far. You don't hear of such chronic incompetence from other major manufacturers....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
05-10-2011 08:28am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply