Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Hello From CA, USA
Lone Rangerover

RE: Hello From CA, USA

(12-08-2012 04:19pm)Rekool Wrote:  The stick is flush with the face of the tire and the face of the wheel well at a level roughly even with the top of the rim. Make sense? Hard to hold the stick and shoot pics.
The down-the-side shot is a bit hard to see, but show that the face of the tire is inside the fender (at the top anyway).

[Image: Image.jpg]

[Image: Image1-1.jpg]

[Image: Image4-1.jpg]

Thanks for the pictures.

Even in stock form I was under the impression that sidewall of the tire bubbles out past the rim - to protect the rim possibly ?- at least that's the way it is with the factory 20 " continentals on my factory 20" style 7s.

Now I'm curious, Im going to try to find a stick and see what happens when I do that same measurement.

Are your pics of the front or back tire ?
12-08-2012 06:17pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

Looks really nice almost gives it a different stance visually. How much was the swap?

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
12-08-2012 08:28pm
Rekool

(12-08-2012 08:28pm)slee18 Wrote:  Looks really nice almost gives it a different stance visually. How much was the swap?

The dealer gave me $500 off the showroom price, so it was $4,089 out the door with exchange. (19" w/Continental tires).
Thanks, yes it is a good look, and finishes the color combo nicely!
Cool

(12-08-2012 06:17pm)Lone Rangerover Wrote:  Thanks for the pictures.

Even in stock form I was under the impression that sidewall of the tire bubbles out past the rim - to protect the rim possibly ?- at least that's the way it is with the factory 20 " continentals on my factory 20" style 7s.

Now I'm curious, Im going to try to find a stick and see what happens when I do that same measurement.

Are your pics of the front or back tire ?

It's the front tire, shot from along the driver's door forward. I'd be curious to hear where your stick flushes against the tire and fender, on the stock rim. I'm only sorry I didn't get a stick shot or measurement when I had the OEM 19" s on it.

[Image: CleanCar2.jpg] [Image: CleanCar4.jpg]

Couple more at dusk.

2012 RR Evoque Dynamic Coupe, Ipanima Sand
2008 Audi TT Roadster 3.2 Q, Black Cool
(This post was last modified: 13-08-2012 04:03am by Rekool.)
13-08-2012 03:53am