Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My 5dr Dynamic, Firenze Red
MAC

RE: My 5dr Dynamic, Firenze Red

(25-10-2011 11:28pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  MAC did you get this from Armstrong Massey York ? I saw one come of the transported at the same time as mine last week.

Infact the sales man was having a joke with me as he told me it was my car thinking Id fall for it and not notice that it had a body color roof when id actually ordered a black roof.

If it was from Masseys I gave up my mud flaps for you Cool as they only had one set in stock and I told them dont worry, let this new car owner have them as I can get them any time which was actually today as I wanted to fit them my self anyway.

Nice car btw it looks like my cars sister lol.

Pete

Hi Pete, yes that was mine. They had said you collected yours on Friday, although he didn't mention I stole your mudflaps!! Thanks for that......I guess I owe you a beer!

Armstrong Massey were great to deal with, would definitely use them again.

On the basis the car is actually for my wife, then happy for it to be your cars 'sister' Smile

Cheers

MAC
26-10-2011 07:31am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

Hi

Yes they are generally a good bunch at Armstrong Massey and do as much as they can to help and make you feel at ease. Your welcome re the mud flaps, it didn't make sense to let you wait longer for your car for something so simple as a set of flaps when I'm in there every day collecting parts and drinking coffee chatting to the lads in the workshop and parts dept.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
26-10-2011 07:51am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MAC

(26-10-2011 07:51am)bell-auto-services Wrote:  Hi

Yes they are generally a good bunch at Armstrong Massey and do as much as they can to help and make you feel at ease. Your welcome re the mud flaps, it didn't make sense to let you wait longer for your car for something so simple as a set of flaps when I'm in there every day collecting parts and drinking coffee chatting to the lads in the workshop and parts dept.

Pete

Cheers. I could well be interested in a remap or one of your other mods in the fullness of time, so no doubt meet you then.
26-10-2011 08:37am
abcya

I've also now got my Firenze red Dynamic 5-door SD4 with panoramic roof and privacy glass, so a very similar car. No further options taken and as XFFTim's profile (used to) say: 'no further options deemed necessary...yet'. The main difference is that I went for the red Verve interior...and loving it! My camera doesn't do it justice, but I suggest you seek one out at a dealer's if you've still to lock down an order for a Dynamic.

First 150 or so miles have gone smoothly. It's my first diesel so finding the mid-range acceleration great. The slight delay from stationary (then surge of power) if negotiating a junction took a couple of times to get used to, but all good now.

Still working my way around the controls. Bluetooth for iPhone worked the first couple of times but not today for some reason. I'll search for other threads as I think this may have been discussed there? The touch screen could do with a little Apple 'dust' I have to say as it's not as slick as it might be, but it works and is clear.

First nice little surprise: click the lights button on the key fob twice from outside the car and the reversing lights come on if you're walking up to the car from behind. Second - what is that 'secret' cubby hole for in the glove box? Does the manual fit in there?

I'm popping back to the dealer tomorrow though as they've not fitted the rear mats properly (I found the fittings in one of the door pockets!) and one of the mudflaps isn't on quite right. At London labour rates, these things should be prefect!

ISOfix fittings are a bit of a pig to get a baby seat into I found. I'm not sure if this is becuase they're recessed into the seat, but they're secure now.

After a couple of requests I did finally get the 1/2 day LR experience voucher - not sure whether the dealer or LR 'paid' for that (yeah I guess I did as part of the cost of the car Embarrassed ). I see you can buy them with Tesco Clubcard vouchers at their usual £1 Tesco -> £3 voucher rate, so wondering if it's possible to upgrade the 1/2 day to a full day.
30-10-2011 11:06pm
bell-auto-services

Hi
Glad you are liking your car Smile The gearbox will get used to your driving style after a few miles and will constantlly monitor it and adjust as needed the gear changes etc etc.

Yes the secret box in the glovebox is for your hand book.

DONT get the floor mat fixing fitted to your car , well I would not as they screw into the carpet and look a mess if you ever remove the mats and thats if they stay in at all.

Pete

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
(This post was last modified: 31-10-2011 09:31pm by bell-auto-services.)
30-10-2011 11:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MAC

Didn't know about the two clicks of the remote lights up rear lights. Another nice touch! Glad your enjoying the car! The red verve interior does look good!!

I set the cruise control today at 40mph and the engine was constantly hunting making the car jerk. Had a similar problem with my BM when it was new, which then seemed to cure itself. Hopefully RRE will do the same!
30-10-2011 11:37pm
bell-auto-services

I wonder how bad the hunting and jerking will be at its minimium cruise set speed of 27kmh ? Ill give it a go and also at your 40MPH to see how mine responds.

Pete

(This post was last modified: 30-10-2011 11:53pm by bell-auto-services.)
30-10-2011 11:47pm
abcya

@Pete @ Bell - thanks for the car mats tip!

Think I've sussed the Bluetooth issue: turn the iPhone Bluetooth on and then hit the search button on the car's touch screen. I'd assumed they would just pair up again by turning on the iPhone Bluetooth.
I'd turned it off as I assume having Bluetooth on all the time will use more battery on the phone - haven't tested this theory to be fair. Any idea if it's possible to create a shortcut on iPhone to more easily enable / disable Bluetooth rather than going through the setup menu?

Idea Today's new thing: setting Memory #3 for the seats to have the seat pushed forward to make it easier getting the baby seat out. When seated there's room between the driver seat and car seat, but the auto push back mechanism when getting out of the car pushes the seat right back against a rear-facing child seat.
31-10-2011 09:25pm
bell-auto-services

Nps re the mats, i hope it works.

Im not sure of the BT icon, I just leave mine on all of the time as it does not make that much difference for me to the battery life.

I noticed today after about 2 or 3 rings some callers ID was shown on the nav afterthe "Number calling" message , i wonder if its just takeing a little while to get the call id list onto the car ? Ill keep a eye on it and see how it goes.

Pete

31-10-2011 09:39pm
chiggy

gorgeous! I love it.

I can't wait for my car - going to get the pano roof wrapped black, window tint, upgrade the wheels etc etc.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
01-11-2011 02:28am