Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
My 3dr Dynamic SD4
mark_n

RE: My 3dr Dynamic SD4

Wrapping is covering the colour in a plastic film to change its appearance - a wild new colour, advertising and so on. Much more cost effective than repainting the car plus of course it is reversible. Still not cheap, though.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-11-2011 07:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

Fam1x...collect car tomorrow so will get it booked in to be wrapped asap. Almost certain to go for Matte Grey, should cost about £1,500.

Will post photos when it's done

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
07-11-2011 05:15pm
mark_n

Token, did the dealer try to sell you stuff like body protection (hardly necessary since you are having it wrapped), GAP insurance, tyre insurance, accessories and all that stuff?

Mark

07-11-2011 06:32pm
Token

Hi Mark

On the financial side, they didn't try any kind of hard sell...they talked me through it when I first ordered the car and then again today when I had to sign to say I didn't want any of it...I was surprised (and pleased) at lack of hard sell.

In terms of accessories, I was a little surprised that they didn't really try to sell me anything and despite me asking for a list of prices (fitted) of various items of interest, they didn't offer me a deal on the lot...so I didn't buy any. I wouldn't say this is bad service (as if I decide I want them and I want a discount, I can just ask for one), but perhaps a missed opportunity for the dealer as I am a sucker for extras! Perhaps the salesman was feeling bad that I'd just had to part with over £48k of my hard earned cash!

09-11-2011 01:45am
DDX

My 3dr Dynamic SD4

Token, I've see. Matte grey And matte metallic grey. The metallic one looks so much better in my opinion. Make sure you have a good look at both samples and pictures if finished vehicles before you choose.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
09-11-2011 08:02am
Token

(09-11-2011 08:02am)DDX Wrote:  Token, I've see. Matte grey And matte metallic grey. The metallic one looks so much better in my opinion. Make sure you have a good look at both samples and pictures if finished vehicles before you choose.

Thanks DDX...very much appreciated. Will take your advice and look at both.

09-11-2011 08:40am
mark_n

Token, I think your car looks mighty fine without being wrapped. I know it's probably a tax write-off for you but still a waste of money to go with such a similar colour. Now if you were going for a chrome look, I'd be cheering you on.

Good the dealer (yours and mine are the same) didn't sell you anything. I've already told my dealer not to even think of mentioning it. If he doesn't like fleas in his ears, he'll do as I've asked. As one of my birthday cards once said "Sometimes I wake up grumpy, other times I let him sleep on..."

As for the handover, it sounds mercifully short though the dealer seems a bit mean, not even an umbrella or keyring or (I assume) an envelope for the invoice.

Mark

09-11-2011 08:51am