Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
My 2012 to 2017 Evoque Facelift Conversion
owencardew

RE: My 2012 to 2017 Evoque Facelift Conversion

Twin Fin Spoiler Fitted:

[Image: IMG-20170526-WA0012.jpeg]

Finally had some feedback from RD Custom. They have everything working except the tiny orange Side Lights. Apparently they had some personal issues in the last two weeks and did apologise for their silence. Have told them i can give them a few more days to play with the lights and see if they can get the Sidelights working, but otherwise i am happy that the Hi/Lo and DRL/Indicators are now working....

Has anyone figured a solution for condensation in the Right Rear Tail Light? My entire red part on the light has now stopped working - reverse and indicator work fine but perhaps condensation has buggered up the LED part?

MY12 Range Rover Evoque SD4 Dynamic - working on Facelift to 2016.
26-05-2017 11:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
syl

I had similar, but on the left - the solution was a warranty replacement.

MY17 RR Evoque TD4 Autobiography
MY17 RRS SDV6 Autobiography
27-05-2017 10:50am
Nickj

Hmm, that rear spoiler looks great. Makes me want one! Take it all the plugs were the same and the DAB radio all connected ok?
27-05-2017 11:41am
owencardew

(27-05-2017 11:41am)Nickj Wrote:  Hmm, that rear spoiler looks great. Makes me want one! Take it all the plugs were the same and the DAB radio all connected ok?

Hi NickJ,

Yes - luckily all the plugs were supplied intact. These spoilers seem to be extremely hard to find on eBay... I had to connect the two Earth Points near the Hinges, the Washer Liquid Silicon Pipe, and two small connectors - one for antenna and one for Third Brake Light. There was a third connector that looked similar to the one of the others but there was nowhere for it to plug in to, so i left it alone. Everything working including Radio etc so think i got it right. Will say though - be careful when removing the plastic trim that sits between the two hinges - turns out the workshop in South Africa broke ALL the clips on it when it was with them for paint and stuck it back with Silicon Sealant! Seems the clips are very fragile. Besides that, its pretty simple. I did have to Dremel that holes for the 5 Bolts on the Bootlid a little to get it to open and close the tailgate without it rubbing on the edge of the Pano Glass but it is easy enough to do. Also note the Nuts for the 5 Bolts from the Pre-Facelift Spoiler won't work on the new spoiler as the bolts are now thinner. Small things, but all doable!

MY12 Range Rover Evoque SD4 Dynamic - working on Facelift to 2016.
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2017 10:05pm by owencardew.)
27-05-2017 10:03pm
Nickj

Thnaks. That's Really useful info on the spoiler. Thinking I may have to buy the one I've been looking at.

Regarding the headlights it seems odd they can't get side lights working as they are Just a. normal bulb and presumably no different to you current set up?
28-05-2017 03:50pm
PhilSkill

(27-05-2017 10:03pm)owencardew Wrote:  Will say though - be careful when removing the plastic trim that sits between the two hinges - turns out the workshop in South Africa broke ALL the clips on it when it was with them for paint and stuck it back with Silicon Sealant! Seems the clips are very fragile.

Looking good!

Know the issue with the plastic trim, Mine was changed under warranty and found the same, dealer had broken all the clips and stuck it with sealant, which over time came loose and started rattling, made my own clip arrangement with some grommets and new plastic clips and been perfect ever since.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
31-05-2017 10:27am
zzToz

Any news from Italy about the full led headlights? I have a NY 16 with xenon and I would like to upgrade it. I donĀ“t know if it would be eaiser or even more dificult than in yours
18-06-2017 08:32pm